Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband provider in tullow

Options
  • 28-09-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

As the title says, who is the best service in the Tullow area?

Simply put I'm sick to the teeth of Eircom, they have been rubbish for months and aren't showing any signs of improving. You ring them up and complain and they treat you like a ****ing idiot. Its constantly down/slow and yet they keep saying the problem is on my end despite half the country complaining about it, anyway, **** them, time for a change.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

eddiehead wrote: »
    As the title says, who is the best service in the Tullow area?

Simply put I'm sick to the teeth of Eircom, they have been rubbish for months and aren't showing any signs of improving. You ring them up and complain and they treat you like a ****ing idiot. Its constantly down/slow and yet they keep saying the problem is on my end despite half the country complaining about it, anyway, **** them, time for a change.....

Irishbroadband were the best when I was last looking.
    They might be worth a look. They used alot of eircom infrastructure but resold the package cheaper. I never had any problems with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Irishbroadband were the best when I was last looking.
    They might be worth a look. They used alot of eircom infrastructure but resold the package cheaper. I never had any problems with them.

The problems with Eircom have only started in the past few months, how long is it since you had IB Shay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

oh, jaysis there's a question.

Mmmmm 2 and a half, 3 years??
    I had 3Mb but my parents still have 1Mb which I use most lunch times and haven't ever had a problem with.

I only use it for surfing though. No gaming or torrenting. That's done at home with the 7Mb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

AFAIK All DSL in Tullow is Eircom rebranded and sold as BT (now Vodafone) etc.

The exchange was due to be upgraded to ADSL2+ allowing higher speeds but hasn't happened. I think the problem is Eircom changed their business packages a few months to reduce the contention to 12/1 and I think this has increased the contention on residental lines.

I get 3mb with BT and its grand for PS3 online, download bits and pieces and uploading to website but if you after a better performing connection I would say the only option is get a business connection, business starter is 7.6mb 12/1 for €40 a month ex vat

Advertisement