Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITB Airsoft Society

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Feckin' Brilliant Day thanks shane u r a ledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ITB Airsoft Soc

Feckin' Brilliant Day thanks shane u r a ledge

No problem Paul :D Thanks for coming.

Thanks to everybody for coming. Was a great day and all the work organising it finally paid off.

Just to let people know, there was a HRTA battery not turned in. So if everyone could check their kit and make sure they didn't take it by accident that'd be great! It'll have "HRTA" written on it.

Thanks everyone!! Hope you all had fun :pac::D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bilgyguinnes

Thanks again shane for a great day !!!! The best stress relief ever!!

Let us know when the pictures are put up :P

Thanks again shane for a great day !!!! The best stress relief ever!!

Let us know when the pictures are put up :P

No bother man ;) twas fun :D

Aye I'm working on the gallery for the website at the moment (damn XHTML), but I might just stick it on facebook or flickr or something in the mean time as it'd be easier.

I'll let you know anyway, and if you know anyone who took pics, get them to email them to me at itbairsoft@live.ie

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Ye t'was epicly fun, prob the best fun I've had in ages !!!!

Can't wait for the next one!!!

Hopefully get me own gun soon :)

G36C + Red-Dot Sight FTW!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I'm making a facebook page for the society..

Done :)

Shall post here when it's done. Pics will be uploaded to that.

Pics uploaded :D

Also anyone concidering buying a gun airsoft device, let me know, and I'll get them all at once and see if we can't get a damn good deal. Will be most likely after christmas.

KonFusion wrote: »

Also anyone concidering buying a gun airsoft device, let me know, and I'll get them all at once and see if we can't get a damn good deal.

Sound Idea. Stick me down for one as long as its after xmas
    you know the make and model i want but one question does it come in green white and orange :D

Pics look great lol
    Hope to see me in a couple, but hopefully none near the end of the day where my green jumper turned brown :(

Pics will be up on the website (itbairsoft.com) tonight, along with a new homepage.

No more 'redirecting' page with a gray background :rolleyes: :p

To view the pics, just look for the "Image Gallery" link, there's a few up already, with about 30-ish more to come...

And just incase nobody knows, Airsoft has it's own forum on boards.ie under the "Sports" section. It's the first one on the list. Make sure you avail of it as ìt's pretty much where the online irish airsoft community is most active. Great for any questions, updates, etc.

• Advertisement

Here, when i get me gun, will it come with a battery or will i Have to buy one????????

donfarrell wrote: »
    Here, when i get me gun, will it come with a battery or will i Have to buy one????????

It's better to discuss this stuff over email.

itbairsoft@live.ie if you don't have it.

And to answer your question, it all depends completely on the one you buy. Either way, the batterys you usually get with them are crap and you'll have to buy another one anyway :rolleyes:

Hey guys and gals, tub.ie just launched, and we have our page at http://tub.ie/airsoft

So check it out, the site is still in it's BETA stage and is pretty buggy, but when it launches we'll be able to make our own merchandise and hoodies and I'll also have a texting facility so instead of emailing everyone I can just text you :)

It's pretty much a bebo for clubs and societies. We already have our own website, but sure check it out anyway. It's got some handy features.

Hope everyone has a fantastic christmas!! :D

See you all in the new year!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :D

ubd8599.png

I made a userbar thingy if anyone is interested in using it in their forum signature :)

test..

• Advertisement

Alright! Weeeerrrrrreeeeeee back!

So who wants to do what and who wants to go where?

Anyone got any preferences on when to have the next outing?

thought we were gonna play some college XD?
    P.S to be on the team do ya need to have ya own gun?
    Running short on funds lately but wanna be on team :)

thought we were gonna play some college XD?
    P.S to be on the team do ya need to have ya own gun?
    Running short on funds lately but wanna be on team :)

We we're going to have an intervarsity game but I'm pretty much waiting on the other college's...And it seems to be turning into a bit of a long wait :rolleyes:

As for the team business, I've yet to finalise details on that.

I'll be having a society meeting soon enough anyway.

Funding request for Febuary was approved :cool:

We shall be heading out for another game mid-late February, and possibly another game for rag week (dates on the rag week game TBC)

Price will be around the same as last time (10 euro) and this time we've got a bigger bus :D

pew pew...

There'll be a society meeting some time next week, keep an eye here or on on your student email for the day, room and time.

I've lots of good news!! :):D:D

Check your student email guys. Meeting this Thursday.

• Advertisement

How'd the meeting go?
    Wasn't able to make it GRRRRRRRR :@ really wanted to though :(

What was the really good news? :D

I missed the meeting to :(
    I emailed Shane and he sent me this, hope he doesn't mind me posting it.
    Got this email from Shane:

Here are the summarised minutes of todays Airsoft Society meeting. If you know anyone else who missed the meeting please forward them on.

Eirsoft (www.eirsoft.ie) have agreed to be the official sponsor of the society, offering 10% off all guns purchased from them, and further discounts on all other items within their store. For more info on eirsoft, please visit the sponsorship section on www.itbairsoft.com or www.eirsoft.ie
    Eirsoft are also going to give us a free day out per month. More details to come soon.

I am also planning on having workshops on how to fix broken AEG's (airsoft 'guns'), which will include dissassembly and reassembly and how to replace broken parts and improve performance.

The main discussion of the meeting was this months outings:

There is an outing planned for next Friday, the details are pretty much the same as last time, price is 10 euro and this time we have booked a bigger bus. The money for this outing must be paid in advance as if the bus isn't filled then we won't be able to go, however 35 people went last time, and I'm hoping for around the same this time. The money for this outing can be paid next week. The day has yet to be decided but I'll email everyone with further details.

There will also be another outing during rag week, more detaills on that to come soon.

If you've any questions or feedback let me know.

Thanks,

Shane Moloney
    ITB Airsoft Society
    CEO
    itbairsoft@live.ie
    http://itbairsoft.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/itbairsoft

So do we just give shane €10 next week? :) And are we able to rent guns again? Hooray for airsoft :P

So do we just give shane €10 next week? :) And are we able to rent guns again? Hooray for airsoft :P

Yup yup, I'll prob jus set up a stall in the sports hall during lunch times on wednesday or something and take money then. I'll email out details when I work them out :P

But since your in my course (right? :confused:) you can just give it to me whenver u see me.
    I missed the meeting to :(
    I emailed Shane and he sent me this, hope he doesn't mind me posting it.

Thanks for that :) Don't mind at all. My modem broke on Thursday so I've no internet at home until Eircom drop me out a new one, otherwise I would have posted it myself :D

Also still doing my best to get intervarsity games off the ground!

Yup yup, I'll prob jus set up a stall in the sports hall during lunch times on wednesday or something and take money then. I'll email out details when I work them out :P

But since your in my course (right? :confused:) you can just give it to me whenver u see me.

Ye but im in group 1 now :(
    No matter :D I'll give it to ya whenever :)

p.s Eircom sucks :) Smart Telecom FTW !!!

Taking money for Fridays outing tomorrow in C block from 1-3

Full details of this and the outing can be found via student email (whenever vinny sends it :D)

Cool, see you tomorrow.

The email has been sent out...

Woo can't wait until friday :D
    Are we going to the same place again?
    :)

Sooooooooooooo any info about tomorow???

Sooooooooooooo any info about tomorow???

Your a bit late asking the day before. The society has a website, twitter, email, facebook page etc :rolleyes:

But anyway, places are pretty much full, unless you're driving or find someone to bum a lift off (or find someone to drive you which'll get you extra points :pac::D)

You're welcome to show up outside A block at ten to 12 tomorrow and see if there are any spaces due to people dropping out. You might get lucky. If not then we'll be having a good few more outings anyway next month you can go on :)

• Advertisement

Is there an outing this Friday (19 Mar)?

Is there an outing this Friday (19 Mar)?

Airsoft on Thursday :) not Friday (if you got an email saying Friday, that was a typo ;)).

Bus shall be leaving at 12 from usual spot and back by 6. Price is ten euro.

Last one of this semester so everyone try and make it! Then into town for some post-paddys day re-drunkification and one of the lads birthday bash! :D

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to everyone that got involved in the society this year. For our first year it's was a huge success and I can't wait for next year!!

Next years executive committee will be:

CEO: Greg Hearns
    CFO: Me
    COO: David Smith

Greg was greatly involved in the society this year, and I have no doubt Greg will do a fantastic job next year!

Best of luck in your exams everyone!
    :D

If any of you have any idea's for next year, please do stick them up here.

See you in my sights over the summer ;):p:D

S.M.
    CEO 09/10

Greg will do a good job, good luck in your exams too Kon ;)

Airsoft etc.....

....TIME TO REVIVE THIS BAD BOY OF A THREAD!!! A NEW YEAR HAS ARRIVED!!!

**** yeeeeeeeeee :D cant wait for this :L the only reason im goin back is for this club ;) just need to get my own gun now :rolleyes:

Kon, I have around €130 and was looking at pistols, I have a shotgun and would like a side arm.

What would you recommend?

I was looking at the Glock 17/19 in MIA for €115.

Cheers,
    Joker.

Joker, if you plan to Skirmish, you should really get an AEG before u get pistols. I know you want a sidearm but a shotgun isn't great in airsoft as a primary gun.

However you asked and I shall answer :)

It's coming into the winter now, so pistols will become increasingly ineffective as the weather gets colder. CO2 pistols are great as they're cheap and are fine in the winter, however they rarely come with blowback and are hence less realistic. The normal gas one's do have blowback hence their appeal, however when the gas is cold they misfire and have less power and are basically less effective.

Those glocks in MIA are fine. Most gas pistols are exactly the same, apart from how they look the internals are usually identical.

Also be prepared to buy a new mag for the pistol every 2-3 months, as the gas leaks after a while and it's a b**ch to fix.

Hope that helps!

Also, if everyone could wear their hoodies (those that have them) around campus for the first few weeks, that'd be great. Get some free advertising :)

And spread the word of how AWESOME we are and we'll get some new recruits :cool::D

Cheers for that info Kon, will have a look at an AEG. I didnt even know what blowback was until I googled it, I though gas was better than CO2 that is why I was going to get one.

But will try get bit more money an probably go for either the CA M15 or G36C for €170 which one would you recommend?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that info Kon, will have a look at an AEG. I didnt even know what blowback was until I googled it, I though gas was better than CO2 that is why I was going to get one.

But will try get bit more money an probably go for either the CA M15 or G36C for €170 which one would you recommend?

Thanks again.

The JG G36C. Had mine 4 years before I gave it to my dad and it's still working for him.

If you're getting it in MIA, ask for a student discount. You can haggle.

Cool thanks Kon!

Cool thanks Kon!

No problem man. Don't forget to sign up on Wednesday.

That goes for all of you! Sign up Wednesday folks. Our stall will be...well...the pretty damned obvious airsoft looking one :D

I'll also setting up a Rock Climbing/Outdoor Pursuits society, and will be at that stall too if anyone is interested.

Thanks guys/gals, see ya Wednesday.

PS. Hey lookey! I'm now a mod :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

If someone is not in on Wednesday, say for stupid family reasons (I hate weddings), can they sign up for the clubs/societies another day?

Macca3000 wrote: »
    If someone is not in on Wednesday, say for stupid family reasons (I hate weddings), can they sign up for the clubs/societies another day?

Yes, of course. But it'll be less convenient for them...and me... but no worries man :)

PS. Hey lookey! I'm now a mod :D

Deadly Wheres ur Scooter . Can you change the Photography Club Thread title to PhotoSoc Pleeeeeease . it's been wrecking my head since week 1 last yr

• Advertisement

Always moaning Paul lol

Congrats on your promotion Kon!

Deadly Wheres ur Scooter . Can you change the Photography Club Thread title to PhotoSoc Pleeeeeease . it's been wrecking my head since week 1 last yr

Finally I get to use my powers! :p

I'll can also edit all you're future posts to say "I love da cock"?? ;) haha.

Anyway, done and done! See ya wednesday :)

ok so a new year of airsoft woooo :D and i was gonna get my own gun in a couple of months (considering the guns they give ya are utter ****e and i nearly broke one :P) but ill only have like €180 max to spend and thats including the batterty and charger.

ANyone wanna help me out here with links and stuff :rolleyes:

ok so a new year of airsoft woooo :D and i was gonna get my own gun in a couple of months (considering the guns they give ya are utter ****e and i nearly broke one :P) but ill only have like €180 max to spend and thats including the batterty and charger.

ANyone wanna help me out here with links and stuff :rolleyes:

Alright Don ;)

We're gonna be putting together package deals and you can buy the stuff off us.

What I mean is, for one example of a package; you'll get a gun, camo, batterry, face mask and BB's for say I dunno (checks prices) 200?

Bleh I haven't worked it out, but you get what I mean.

Basically we'll be arranging deals with the various shops and then selling the stuff on to you at the same price we got it for. No profit for us! This is entirely so I can get the society up to scratch with some decent kit of their own AND get you guys a big discount in the process!

So I'll put together a list, so just dont spend your money from now til then!! :D

Ah awesome :D that sounds a lot better than spending 200 on just a gun :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement