Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITB Airsoft Society

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I'd recommend running it by me lads before you buy anything. As some of the stuff around that price range is complete muck.

You usually can't go wrong with anything that's G&G. I'd avoid any of the sportslines or anything by Classic Army.

If you HAVE to buy from MIA(I wouldn't), then I'd go with the G&G combat machine.

But if you don't mind waiting a while, I'd order this. Top notch for the price. I'd email them to see if they have it in stock. They probably don't but can order it in. Might be a week or two, but it's cheap and will last. (also I can fit it with an adapter so it takes M4 mags)

Anyway, boards has a great airsoft forum. This isn't the place.

Here's a thread that might be of interest

If you (or anyone reading this for that matter) want more info/tips etc. Pm me :)

PS/Edit: I forgot to say, I'm planning for the first game of this year to be indoors CQB :D I'm also working on a milsim game (which will be possibly 12 hours long).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

That gun is actually perfect :D need to save a few pennies for it though :L

Indoor airsoft? :eek: that sounds really dangerous/awesome :cool: where is it?

FIRST OFFICIAL OUTING of the society will be next wednesday! 11-6 approx. Prices will be 10 euro for people with their own kit, and 25 for anyone who needs to rent kit. Rental kit will include a (good) airsoft gun, unlimited ammo and a face mask. The rental package is very cheap (it's normally about 40.) so I'd encourage all new members to take advantage of this. Limited places, so let me know asap!

Please let me know if you're going before Friday if you can folks! Spread the word.

There'll also prob be an AGM on Thursday @ 1pm. Room to be decided.

KonFusion wrote: »
    FIRST OFFICIAL OUTING of the society will be next wednesday! 11-6 approx. Prices will be 10 euro for people with their own kit, and 25 for anyone who needs to rent kit. Rental kit will include a (good) airsoft gun, unlimited ammo and a face mask. The rental package is very cheap (it's normally about 40.) so I'd encourage all new members to take advantage of this. Limited places, so let me know asap!

Please let me know if you're going before Friday if you can folks! Spread the word.

There'll also prob be an AGM on Thursday @ 1pm. Room to be decided.
    I'll be there.

Where is it?

Edit:
    Looking at timetable, would it be possible to change the AGM time?

You'll be where? The outing or the AGM?

If you can't make the agm don't worry too much, I'll send you a summary. It's mostly just to tell people about the outing next week and plans for this year etc.

Out of curiosity what time would suit ya better? I just picked 1 as most people are off at 1 for lunch.

• Advertisement

I'll be at the outing & AGM.

I have a lecture 12-2 on Thursday.

I have a class at 1pm on Wed, Thur and Friday.

You pick a time and I'll try to make it. If not, I'll get info of donfarrell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Mentioned the Outing on Air on Phoenix Fm on Wed and played a special song for ya's ..................Kids with guns by gorrillaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Heading into first year Computer Engineering this year, and this is one of the soc's that im most excited about joining haha! Been playing airsoft for a few years now and would love to join the soc in college, help meet new people and what not! So if anyone could get back to us that would be great, thanks :)

Hey Damo! (We've actually met IRL at Fingal Airsoft way back)

I've been running the soc since it's inception (2/3 years ago), however I'm no longer in the college as of last year.

So feel free to set it back up again this year.

Talk to donfarell on here, he helped me run it.

All you'll need is 3 people, (2 will suffice if you're stuck), a CEO (chairperson/president) and a CFO (chief financial officer). A COO (organisation officer) would also be handy.

Should be a few members knocking around this year coming that'll sign up again. If you need any other info or if you're interested, pm me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

KonFusion wrote: »
    Hey Damo! (We've actually met IRL at Fingal Airsoft way back)

I've been running the soc since it's inception (2/3 years ago), however I'm no longer in the college as of last year.

So feel free to set it back up again this year.

Talk to donfarell on here, he helped me run it.

All you'll need is 3 people, (2 will suffice if you're stuck), a CEO (chairperson/president) and a CFO (chief financial officer). A COO (organisation officer) would also be handy.

Should be a few members knocking around this year coming that'll sign up again. If you need any other info or if you're interested, pm me :)
    Really? Small world eh :pac:
    That's a pity that ur finished, well not for you haha. I wouldn't really be up to starting up to setting it up in my first year, maybe in the second year. Maybe some more people set it up, it's something I'd love to do, get to know more people and stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement