Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

buffalo wrote: »
    This morning I was actually shouting at people... is there any cure for this before I start chasing people down and pushing them off their bikes?

I've taken recently to occasionally telling people, in the crudest terms, what I think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

buffalo wrote: »
    My OAP father and a pregnant friend

Go Buffalo's Da!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was cycling up Parnell Street towards O'Connell Street earlier this week. The lights were in my favour. I spotted a mother holding the hand of a child and walking her across the far side of the road. For some reason I knew she wouldn't look when she came to cross my side of the road. As I get closer she's walking across without looking. As I get to within inches of them I slow down and she's a little taken aback. I stopped, shook my head from side to side and moved off.

As I was cycling away all I could hear was 'You can shake your head all you like.......'.

Seriously, if I hadn't of been watching out for eejits like her I could easily have run into her and her child, who happened to be the on the left side of her mother which was the side I would have hit them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Ive got a polar cs200 and recently the battery in the computer has died after 2 years service. I've replaced it 3 times now and each have only lasted a week or so before dying. Anyone got any ideas ? Send it over to someone in Polar ? or be happy i got 2 years out of it and write it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Is this a button cell you're talking about? Maybe the puter has got wet and is draining the battery. Maybe a go of a hair dryer (medium heat for 1 hour) or in an oven at ~50 degrees might dry it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

As I was cycling away all I could hear was 'You can shake your head all you like.......'.
    Did you hear what the ending was? I am trying to figure out what she could possibly have ended it with.

'You can shake your head all you like.....

but I will never learn
    but I will never be responsible for my child.

I was wondering what people do shout out, I am always tempted to roar abuse but don't want them going off thinking I am the one at fault. Last time I had 2 women walking side by side down the cycletrack on the N11, (back to me of course), I just repeatedly roared out HELLO, HELLO, and they copped it and got out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

rubadub wrote: »
    Did you hear what the ending was? I am trying to figure out what she could possibly have ended it with.

'You can shake your head all you like.....

but I will never learn
    but I will never be responsible for my child.

I was wondering what people do shout out, I am always tempted to roar abuse but don't want them going off thinking I am the one at fault. Last time I had 2 women walking side by side down the cycletrack on the N11, (back to me of course), I just repeatedly roared out HELLO, HELLO, and they copped it and got out of the way.

I'm afraid I didn't hang around to hear what it was but I wouldn't imagine it was an admission of error on her part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

anyone notice the number of threads recently, both in adverts and in main forum, mentioning winter bikes/winter training/winter gear?

am i the only one holding out hope for an indian summer??

or just being naive?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

G rock wrote: »
    anyone notice the number of threads recently, both in adverts and in main forum, mentioning winter bikes/winter training/winter gear?

or just being naive?

winter-is-coming-meme-generator-winter-is-coming-301014.jpg

or just being naive?

Don't worry.

warmwinter.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Has this been posted yet? A search tells me it's in Motors, but not here.

Driving Through Dublin c.1982, on Vimeo.

Grafton Street not pedestrianised, no Ardilaun Centre (the office development surrounding the Unitarian Church on Stephen's Green), no Merrion Centre, gaping holes in Blackrock...

Road surfaces do look well though.

Edit: I keep trying to turn it around a la Google Streetview when it's paused- frustrating! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I was cycling up Parnell Street towards O'Connell Street earlier this week. The lights were in my favour. I spotted a mother holding the hand of a child and walking her across the far side of the road. For some reason I knew she wouldn't look when she came to cross my side of the road. As I get closer she's walking across without looking. As I get to within inches of them I slow down and she's a little taken aback. I stopped, shook my head from side to side and moved off.

Seriously, if I hadn't of been watching out for eejits like her I could easily have run into her and her child, who happened to be the on the left side of her mother which was the side I would have hit them on.
    Something about that street makes everyone just turn blind. It's incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hmmm......55 euro from ze kraftwerk shop....

kraftteexx6.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

or just being naive?
    If you wait till oct/nov to buy winter gear you wont have as great a selection, best to get in early.

It was like teh motor forum last nov and everyone looking for winter tyres long after they were sold out everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

RT @StephenRocheTDC:

Sometimes when it hurts you should try going faster - it will probably hurt more but at least you'll be going faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

kennyb3 wrote: »
    It was like teh motor forum last nov and everyone looking for winter tyres long after they were sold out everywhere

I have Nokian winter tyres on my car (since July) and studded tyres in the shed for my winter bicycle.

This will guarantee that there is not a flake of snow this winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    Anyway, when I get back I'm going to invest in a new racer - any suggestions on what I should get - budget anything over €5k?

EDIT: No begging letters, thanks

What about a Colnago C59 Nero? I'd seriously love one of them.

c59-italia-nero-e1308726615965.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

For a moment there, I thought he was speaking into a microphone, but now I see he's actually speaking into the hilt of his upturned sword.

winter-is-coming-meme-generator-winter-is-coming-301014.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Raam wrote: »
    What about a Colnago C59 Nero? I'd seriously love one of them.

c59-italia-nero-e1308726615965.jpg

Thank you. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

You should have gone back and bi*ch slapped her so hard so that she couldn't turn her head left and then left her with the line "You obviously don't need the ability to turn your head left..."

Not really though, but a nice thought :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lumen wrote: »
    I have Nokian winter tyres on my car (since July) and studded tyres in the shed for my winter bicycle.

This will guarantee that there is not a flake of snow this winter.

I made my contribution to ensuring a snow-free and unbelievably warm winter by buying two snow shovels (one for each son), and 2 x 25kg bags of rock salt. I also purchased a pair of winter cycling shoes and an extra set of merino base layers. Finally, I took the turbo out of the shed last week and checked it was ready to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Just got into hotel in Auckland :D

Bike seems to have made it all in one piece too.

WOOHOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

I've been on this forum for ages and yet no-one told me about Martina Jančíková :mad:

Surely anti-truffle-hunter sentiment is no excuse for that kind of lax carry-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I obviously had to google who you were talking about and was brought to this pleasant page.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/hot-mountain-biker-chick-passion-633064-5.html

And here was me thinking it was all about Liz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I remember when jobs were obtained following an interview process. How times have changed! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RT66 wrote: »
    I remember when jobs were obtained following an interview process. How times have changed! :eek:

"Kathryn [Thomas] beats off Grainne Seoige"

I'd watch that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Great - another fncking talent show - just what the country needs.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

was out for a drive around earlier from monaghan and passed a fella on a BOS mtb bike towing what looked like a small boat (!) on a trailer just outside clones. later on this afternoon met the same fella still pedalling on the other side of cavan towards longford. class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ahhhh, my pre-sportive vindaloo, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

rubadub wrote: »

Jesus he takes some hopper on the full pipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

how about that man utd then, poor arsenal need play a more conservative game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Football__Manchester_afda.jpg?stamp=1312242448

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

‎8 2 be an Arsenal fan right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Woot! Made front page on irishcycling.com today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Noob question:P How do you post pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Noob question:P How do you post pics?

When you are looking at a pic (you may have to upload the pic to flickr or somewhere like that) right click on the pic and you will get an option of 'save image address'. Click it.
    Go into your post here and on the top of your reply box there is an option 'Insert image'. Click it. A amaller box will appear with the letters http:// or something similar. I usually delete those letter's as the saved image addy will already have them.Click Paste and Voila.
    Or alternativley look in the FAQ's on the Boards homepage :p

bcmf wrote: »
    When you are looking at a pic (you may have to upload the pic to flickr or somewhere like that) right click on the pic and you will get an option of 'save image address'. Click it.
    Go into your post here and on the top of your reply box there is an option 'Insert image'. Click it. A amaller box will appear with the letters http:// or something similar. I usually delete those letter's as the saved image addy will already have them.Click Paste and Voila.
    Or alternativley look in the FAQ's on the Boards homepage :p

Cheers bmcf:D

Cheers bmcf:D
    No Problem.

Now the next lesson is 'How to Thank a Post'
    On the post you want to Thank, in the bottom right hand corner, there is a thumbs up 'symbol'.
    Click it and Voila!!:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Don't think you can 'thank' till you've a certain amount of posts for some reason :confused:

Or maybe not, tho I remeber I couldn't for a while

• Advertisement

Click it and Voila!!:p:D

:D

Dubba wrote: »
    Don't think you can 'thank' till you've a certain amount of posts for some reason :confused:

You can I just forgetted:D

Dont mind me.Was only being a 'Thanks' whore. Prostituting myself for an aul click of the Thanks button !

:o God my Thanks whoring post looks a bit stupid now that he has 'Thanked' me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Dont mind me.Was only being a 'Thanks' whore. Prostituting myself for an aul click of the Thanks button !
    I'm sure you've seen this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055881272

(Of course you have. I can see your user name there.)

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I'm sure you've seen this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055881272

(Of course you have. I can see your user name there.)
    Ha yeah. AHHHHH sure I can only dream of getting 212 Thanks. Kinda up there with do a sub 9min climb of Howth.
    Actually come to think of it getting 212 Thanks is more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

ha yeah. AHHHHH sure I can only dream of getting 212 Thanks.
    I made a start there for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

@bcmf - 210 to go!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jawgap wrote: »
    @bcmf - 210 to go!
    His target's up to 214 now, so still 210 to go;)

• Advertisement

Lets do this for 410.
    Is Feider Linn!

If this reaches its qouta I will be under no obligation nor will I feel I should to do a sub 9min climb of Howth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement