Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Ah yeah, that's the one. It keeps you really warm. Really suprising though because it's very thin and light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Just saw an ad for "White men can't jump" on E4 and thought my eyes were deceiving me:

200px-White_men_cant_jump_1237898933_resize_460x400.jpg

Yup, that's Wesley Snipes wearing a Colnago cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

My day so far is easily summed up as..........

screaming.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Nice one:

toronto_bike_show.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Nice one:
    Ha, someone was just telling me at lunch that they knew someone who put a steering wheel on their bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I hate my new job. Nobody has been in all day. The shop is on a raod heavily used by cyclists and when it's quiet (most days), I can see them passing by which depresses the bejaysus out of me :(

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

jerseyeire wrote: »
    I hate my new job. Nobody has been in all day. The shop is on a raod heavily used by cyclists and when it's quiet (most days), I can see them passing by which depresses the bejaysus out of me :(

Maybe if you took down the "we don't lend pumps" sign you might get more business. ;)

What kinda shop is it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

What kinda shop is it?

I sell furniture. Also on that note, I've been informally informed that my commute could be going from 5km to 40km :eek: They better have good shower facilities.

• Advertisement

Ouch, tough business at the mo, aren't they all I guess.

On the bright side if you can work up to 40kph you only have a 2 hour commute and be able to cycle 400km cycles with out any training!:D

On the bright side if you can work up to 40kph you only have a 2 hour commute and be able to cycle 400km cycles with out any training!:D

TT Bike under cycle to work scheme, sorted.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    TT Bike under cycle to work scheme, sorted.

Nah, aerobars on a hybrid will be just as fast.

TBH I was thinking about just putting triathlon bars on my road bike and getting some deep wheels. I'd have the wind with me in the morning and the road is open and flat. I could take the shoter and really hilly route home. Watch the jersey express coming through on next years ROK :D

I hate my new job. :(

Its 5 O'Slock!!!

Go home:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

TBH I was thinking about just putting triathlon bars on my road bike and getting some deep wheels.
    Tri bars make a lot more of a difference than deep section wheels and are substantially cheaper.

Its 5 O'Slock!!!

Go home:D:D:D

I'm here 'til 20h00 :(

Well, had my first roller fall.

My mum was using the PC and I was on the rollers in the same room, going fine, in the drops and looking ahead when she goes "your wobbling from side to side a lot". I then made the mistake of breaking my concentration and looking down to see if this was true. Cue loss of balance, front wheel slides off to the right and the bike and I fall left.

Much cursing ensued.

Lesson: Don't use rollers when other people are around, they just don't get it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

My one and only fall from rollers occured in similar circumstances. Was out giving it socks on the balcony and noticed a neighbour on his looking at me. Made the mistake of looking over at him and down I went. Embarrassing to say the least.

In a way it's like regular cycling, if you keep thinking "i'm going to fall off" you probably will. So having someone beside you telling you that you are wobbling and likely to fall off only makes it worse. They are fine when I just imagine "I'm on the road".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    In a way it's like regular cycling, if you keep thinking "i'm going to fall off" you probably will. So having someone beside you telling you that you are wobbling and likely to fall off only makes it worse. They are fine when I just imagine "I'm on the road".

Next Boards spin:

"Dirk, you're wobbling all over the place there"
    "Really? Oh, shi....."
    [Giggles all around]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Earlier today I saw a bloke in cyclin around town wearing a cycling jersey sponsored by Bell Helmets.
    The cyclist in question was not waering a helmet, which in this instance I found ammusin enough to post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

GO HOME jerseyeire!! You're free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Headwind alllllllllll the way in today - already counting down to when I can get out and get blown home - assuming the wind doesn't change direction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jawgap wrote: »
    Headwind alllllllllll the way in today - already counting down to when I can get out and get blown home - assuming the wind doesn't change direction!
    It will, it always does. Cycling in the morning is great for clearing a hangover, but it comes back eventually :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

seems to have dropped here in the northwest already

seamus wrote: »
    It will, it always does. Cycling in the morning is great for clearing a hangover, but it comes back eventually :(
    seems to have dropped here in the northwest already

Pessimists!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

http://www.met.ie/ says "winds will moderate"...

• Advertisement

looked at the rain this morning and the car then went and got the bike !

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

29 km/h SSEasterly on the way in this morning
    currently pretty much the same
    forecast to be 32 km/h from the South at 5pm - bliss!!

Unfortunately it will be accompanied by heavy rain. So this week we have had the rain, cold, wind and sunshine, and will finish it off with a nice windy rainstorm:)

Looking good for a wet cycle with the wind on the back - the only response to that when you get in is pizza (and beer!)

The thought of a pepperoni pizza and few cold ones will sustain me on the spin home........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Looking good for a wet cycle with the wind on the back - the only response to that when you get in is pizza (and beer!)

The thought of a pepperoni pizza and few cold ones will sustain me on the spin home........

So the questions where is the best place to get pizza in Dublin? :)

I'm all for Sand Bar Pizza mmmmm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament St.

World champion stripes on your Super Record levers. Oh yeah....

pic67032s_600.jpg

• Advertisement

Cadel_Baggins.jpg

Everywhere does the best pizza after a long spin!! Especially after a long spin in the rain......

FShincapie.jpg

pizza_bike.jpg

pizza_bike.jpg

Can't see the picture :o but the description on the IE window sounds impressive :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I take it you are doing the full 50k this evening then - good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Don Mimi's in Monkstown or Miller's on Baggot St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

Bianconi's in Ranelagh -best I've had in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Best pizza in Dublin

(1)Cafe di Napoli (Westland Row near Pearse St station): They do a pizza bianca (no tomato sauce) topped with dolcelate and provolone. Divine. Also do a lovely one with mortadella. Also, best espresso that I have had anywhere, EVER.

(2) Steps of Rome: (Chatam St). Particularly the brocolli and chille flake pizza.

(3) Gotham for something funky - love the Peking Duck and cashew nut with hoisin sauce.

rottenhat wrote: »
    Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament St.

sssshhhhhhh don't tell everyone. I like a nice civilised pizza in there at 3am on a sunday morning. Let the drunken proles have their kebabs in Zaytoons.

For eating on the bike, there's an apache pizza on bachelor's walk that has a window open to the street. Then pop over for doughnuts from that little booth on O'Connell st.

sssshhhhhhh don't tell everyone. I like a nice civilised pizza in there at 3am on a sunday morning. Let the drunken proles have their kebabs in Zaytoons.

They are open at 3am for Pizza????? Ohh never knew that, ohh roll on next drunken night out :D

Some of the more empathic boardies may remember that my day yesterday was frustrating... well... while driving to cork to play footie I got a blow out on a part of the road that is so twisty and narrow it resembles a cart track. We got penalised by a goal for being late and t5hen lost by a goal) I drove until I got to a part of the road which resembles a straight and changed the tyre asap, thankfully without dying, I couldn't drive back till I bought a new one this morn so I was very late for work only for me to come across a trench dug across the road (no signs or workers) blew the other front tyre and buckled the alloy..... ffs:mad::mad:

While I was changing the tyre the same happened another car so I got their name and number.
    Rang the cops then the council who said 'oh that's a private contractor....blah blah blah'

I'll enjoy chasing this.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Some of the more empathic boardies may remember that my day yesterday was frustrating... well... while driving to cork to play footie I got a blow out on a part of the road that is so twisty and narrow it resembles a cart track. We got penalised by a goal for being late and t5hen lost by a goal) I drove until I got to a part of the road which resembles a straight and changed the tyre asap, thankfully without dying, I couldn't drive back till I bought a new one this morn so I was very late for work only for me to come across a trench dug across the road (no signs or workers) blew the other front tyre and buckled the alloy..... ffs

While I was changing the tyre the same happened another car so I got their name and number.
    Rang the cops then the council who said 'oh that's a private contractor....blah blah blah'

I'll enjoy chasing this.......

And there was me thinking i was having a stinker of a day when the zip went on my jacket this morning.

They are open at 3am for Pizza????? Ohh never knew that, ohh roll on next drunken night out :D
    Yup, I mean er no.

rain clearing now in the NW might reach you lot over there before this evening

Roddy23 wrote: »
    And there was me thinking i was having a stinker of a day when the zip went on my jacket this morning.

;-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement