Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Planet X wrote: »
    Scally with an aero chainring..........:eek::eek::eek:

sc-140406-050a.jpg

Must just be out of the feed zone with his musette (full a gear)

Is that one of those singlespeed hipster bikes I keep hearing about?

Yay, bike (pieces) have arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

OK guys and gals how about a few Chuck Norris cycling quotes?

Chuck Norris is so tough that he beat blorg up Slieve Maan while pulling a wheelie on his unicycle.

over to you lot and by the way leave Tim out of this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Is that one of those singlespeed hipster bikes I keep hearing about?

3257266591_00405364e1.jpg

(C) jennifer_omahony.

I found this pic on that lady's Flickr page the other day. Didn't seem to warrant putting in my Bookmarks but I didn't want to forget it entirely, so what to do...? Enter, The Broomwagon!

By the by, does anyone recognise the location? It's Dublin, according to the photo page, but where? It's saying North Inner City to me - Dorset-Gardiner-Sherrard-etc., but I still can't quite place it. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

The OH's previous cars:
    Corolla
    Alfasud
    Alfasud
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 156 current
    Alfa 159 (saving up) I keep telling her she only needs a Mito but she won't listen to me.
    You could say she's a fan.
    Sorry TBW, don't know nuttin about Alloys !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm off work today :) and I'll be spending it on my bike :):)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

LastGasp wrote: »
    The OH's previous cars:
    Corolla
    Alfasud
    Alfasud
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 156 current
    Alfa 159 (saving up) I keep telling her she only needs a Mito but she won't listen to me.
    You could say she's a fan.
    Sorry TBW, don't know nuttin about Alloys !

Nice list but I do hope your not going for a black 159 2.4 estate, cause that could be my next baby! If i have enough money left after spending most of it on bikes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

jerseyeire wrote: »

Not jealous at all

jealousy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

alfalad wrote: »
    Nice list but I do hope your not going for a black 159 2.4 estate, cause that could be my next baby! If i have enough money left after spending most of it on bikes!
    No, I'd say you're safe enough there - She reckons there's only one colour for Alfa's and that's Alfa Red ! Definitely won't be 2.4L !

LastGasp wrote: »
    No, I'd say you're safe enough there - She reckons there's only one colour for Alfa's and that's Alfa Red ! Definitely won't be 2.4L !

Normally I do agree it has to be said, but black is the only other acceptable colour, and only on the bigger alfa's, 147, gt(v) etc need to be red! Should try the 2.4, great engine, really powerful, very responsive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Off ALL week....in your face.:D

Was out yesterday and it was lovely. Arm warmers had to come off. Not a bit of wind around,even up towards Sally Gap....perfect.

Was scouting out Kilmashogue Lane,a testing climb which may suit a Boards hill climb sometime in the future. Garmin was reading 18% at one stage. Ouch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Absolutely gorgeous today in Bordeaux, blue sky and 20 degres. I am off for a niiiiice spin with no arm warmers and see if anyone spots the Boards jersey :)
    I am back to Dub in a couple of days ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

having lunch and getting supplies in new ross now. Great day, wish it was bordeaux though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Don't be Freds, call it Alfa Rosso or nothing at all....sigh.

am i the first ever person to post here while riding a bike at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Now if you could stream a helmet cam onto the forum..... that would be amazing:D

Absolutely gorgeous today in Bordeaux, blue sky and 20 degres. I am off for a niiiiice spin with no arm warmers and see if anyone spots the Boards jersey :)
    I am back to Dub in a couple of days ...

Enjoy and big bonjour to Bordeaux, one of my favourite cities. Will be there for TDF next July

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Don't be Freds, call it Alfa Rosso or nothing at all....sigh.

Only Freds would call it Alfa Rosso! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Took today off work as the weather forecast was so good. So I went on a spin to Sally gap this morning.

Christ was the forecast wrong. Freezing fog and drizzle from kilakee all the way to sally gap.

I just don't understand how this forecasting thing ever caught on.

Enjoy Bordeaux Caroline. One of the best weekends I ever spent was in that city, watching Munster beat Toulouse and causing the Conemara bar to run out of beer afterwards.

You can't beat the south of France in fairness.
    Q

• Advertisement

ROK ON wrote: »
    Took today off work as the weather forecast was so good....Christ was the forecast wrong.

I heard the forcast earlier, it was raining outside while the forcaster said ...sunny spells in the south with only light showers in the north west.... WRONG, in fact there is very low cloud atm and its prob gonna start raining in the next half hour!!

I heard the forcast earlier, it was raining outside while the forcaster said ...sunny spells in the south with only light showers in the north west.... WRONG, in fact there is very low cloud atm and its prob gonna start raining in the next half hour!!
    correct, i'm 2 hours from home and it's starting to rain, nuts. Having tea at the same garage i had lunch in new ross

Back:
    93km
    Gradient - pancake flat 00000%
    Little wind
    22 degres
    Avg ( taking it easy ) 28kph
    The proper roadies go out after 5pm, the rest of the day are very old retired people who are very easily overtaken (is it wrong to enjoy it?)

btw ... Flat is actually sh!t ...

Voila :)

Back:
    93km
    Little wind
    22 degres
    The proper roadies go out after 5pm, the rest of the day are very old retired people who are very easily overtaken (is it wrong to enjoy it?)

Voila :)

With 22C on my back at this time of the year I'll take flat any day.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay. Thought you were heading down to the Pyrenees?

By the way hear that 2009 will be a vintage year as weather was great through August September.

I love wine especially Bordeaux

Back:
    93km
    Little wind
    22 degres

Sounds and looks lovely. Have to agree,flat is boring, although I've always been on the foothills so every ride involves climbing of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

sy wrote: »
    By the way hear that 2009 will be a vintage year as weather was great through August September.

Vintage means year. 2009 will be a good vintage.

puts on hoity toity cap and leaves

sy wrote:
    Thought you were heading down to the Pyrenees?
    I was in the Basque country for 10 days last week, the steepest part of the pyrenees has been postponed for a few months; The spins were great though. I really enjoyed the routes I got lost on.
    I am not bringing anyone any wine.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was in the Basque country for 10 days last week
    I thought there were only 8 days in a week (or at least that's what the Beatles taught me):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I am not bringing anyone any wine.

selfish

i'm not bringing you any next year either then, france + 407 estate = broken axles

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What's with the new vogue for cycling the wrong way down on-street bike lanes? I've encountered several over the past few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Back wheel on the hybrid is buckled again!! Darn Dublin Roads!!! Bike shop tell me its the Quays to Heuston patch thats the issue! :mad:

Honestly...I only use it to cycle to and from work and maybe to Aldi..(really not loving this replacement bike)
    So should have gotten another MTB and put the road tyres on it!! GRRRRRRRRRRR now I have to pay €30 for a brand new back wheel :(

Now I'm worried if I get the road bike, will I end up with the same issue....or will the fact the road bike is of better quality save my sanity!!

(sorry having a mini rant and my friend looks at me funny when I sit there muttering about bikes/wheels/roads and bike shops, when all I really want to do is stomp my feet and sulk!)

el tonto wrote: »
    What's with the new vogue for cycling the wrong way down on-street bike lanes? I've encountered several over the past few days.

POBs. There are more of them about nowadays.
    Give it a year or so, then they will graduate to being either cyclists or just P's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

GRRRRRRRRRRR now I have to pay €30 for a brand new back wheel :(

30 euro ????!?!?!

Maybe pay a bit more on a wheel and it might not buckle. Seriously, 30 euro is a very very cheap wheel. You should have a look at chainreactioncycles.com and buy a new rear wheel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Gavin wrote: »
    30 euro ????!?!?!

Maybe pay a bit more on a wheel and it might not buckle. Seriously, 30 euro is a very very cheap wheel. You should have a look at chainreactioncycles.com and buy a new rear wheel

Well thats the deal the LBS in Fairview is giving me cos the bike is maybe a little over a month old and it was only in 2 weekends ago getting the other buckle knocked out. :(

I'm in the process of comparing new wheels on CRC, but too be honest they all look the same.. :o
    (will probably start a new thread shortly asking for advice on that as well which road bike to go for Lappierre v Giant )

While roaming around eBay looking for that "illusive must have" find,I came across this.

Dug a little deeper and found a range of bikes.

That's just not right.:eek:

**runs and hides from Alfa fans**

Fumy Beppu is now following me on Twitter :) I feel compelled to update it.

While roaming around eBay looking for that "illusive must have" find,I came across this.

dunno i quite like it (the should get rid of the alfa romeo on the down tube and just put the logo so you have to look close to see what it is )

96_1.jpg

OMG but what the f**k is this (just scrolled down) :eek:

96_3.jpg

dont go here though http://store.ferrari.com/en/leisure-sport/bikes/ferrari-cx-50-bicycle.html 2k for alu framed bike :eek:

Fumy Beppu is now following me on Twitter :) I feel compelled to update it.

I set up a twitter account at the weekend. I figure that if all the top cyclists have a twitter account, then I will also become a better cyclists if I twitter.

Havent posted anything on it yet, because I havent thought of anything earthshattering to say on my maiden post.

Class.... prone to engine failure though:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

96_1.jpg

WANT! (that downtube logo sucks though)

ROK ON wrote: »
    I set up a twitter account at the weekend. I figure that if all the top cyclists have a twitter account, then I will also become a better cyclists if I twitter.

Havent posted anything on it yet, because I havent thought of anything earthshattering to say on my maiden post.

I think the last time I posted anything on twitter was after my Lance in the park or play soccer match dilemma. It doesn't feel right telling five complete strangers and mcc what I ate for breakfast.

Downtube logo is crap alright and totally turns me off it. Plus the make cars so they should stick to that!

alfa-8c-spider-2.jpg
    alfa_romeo_8c_competizione_2007_02.jpgbugatti-offer-the-latest-veyron-super-car.jpg
    wooden-splinter-supercar-1.jpgalfa_romeo_gtv_black.jpg

Alfa = beautiful cars
    Ignore the bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

200512413640_ALFA%20155%20GTA%20-%20DI%20GIUSEPPE.jpg

...was in my head having seen a user by the song name post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Sence.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

...was in my head having seen a user by the song name post here.

It's my wife's SMS alert. Was funny the first million times:D,

It does my head in now:mad:

• Advertisement

HAHA... Now you'll be singing this all day tomorrow..

Video also contains those lovely back in fashion shorts.:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement