Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Niki Gudex riding a Scott:

Image 1
    and a real bike:

http://www.sports-wired.com/women/images/Niki_Gudex/1247.jpg

EDIT: Images reposted at links. WARNING: Slightly NSFW, if you are a Lumen-ite then the sight of scantily clad women with great hair riding even nicer bikes might be too much for you to take this early in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

folks - decision time for ya.

the above posts are grand, and well within boards guidelines. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to open them in work.

So is this thread to be maintained as safe for work, or are those posts safe for work? Or should I be working, and not checking boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

uberwolf wrote: »
    folks - decision time for ya.

the above posts are grand, and well within boards guidelines. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to open them in work.

So is this thread to be maintained as safe for work, or are those posts safe for work? Or should I be working, and not checking boards?

FWIW the images appear in a Google image search for Niki Gudex with SafeSearch in Strict mode.

I'm personally not enormously keen on semi-nudie shots on the forum (with the exception of That Picture Of The Greatest Cyclist Of All Time, which makes me all itchy with man love). The rest of the web is only a couple of clicks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Lumen wrote: »
    FWIW the images appear in a Google image search for Niki Gudex with SafeSearch in Strict mode.

I know, I found them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

I would question Dirk's choice in women but that's about it.There is something very familiar looking about their hair.

• Advertisement

Post edited to take into account that we are not all young, single men on the forum :)

Please make sure your wives aren't standing behind you when opening the links.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Post edited to take into account that we are not all young, unemployed men on the forum

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Post edited to take into account that we are not all young, single men on the forum :)

Ye are talking about the MC Hammer vid, right?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I opened the links on my phone as i'm in work but that certainly brightened up my morning. Very nice indeed dirk good work!

alfalad wrote: »
    I opened the links on my phone as i'm in work but that certainly brightened up my morning. Very nice indeed dirk good work!

Think how good she would look riding shotgun in your alfa!

• Advertisement

Think how good she would look riding shotgun in your alfa!

That thought will get me through the day alright!

On a training note imagine how much quicker you would be on hills if she was in front of you! You'd be busting a gut to keep up!!

We should ask her to come over for the first boards celebrity spin. Everyone would turn up.

Then we could ask Lance to come over. No one would turn up.

alfalad wrote: »
    On a training note imagine how much quicker you would be on hills if she was in front of you! You'd be busting a gut to keep up!!

Small confession, when I was doing a leg of the cork city marathon there was a group of three lovely ladies in front of me.... when I started falling off the pace they kept me up to speed...... juvenile I know but such is the way of the world:o

Small confession, when I was doing a leg of the cork city marathon there was a group of three lovely ladies in front of me.... when I started falling off the pace they kept me up to speed...... juvenile I know but such is the way of the world:o

That's nothing, I once saw over a thousand men chase after this one guy in the Park. They were literally falling over each other to keep up with him.

No, it wasn't me.

Not juvenile it's nature. It was a little bit of motivation to keep you going when you were feeling the pain. The real problem would be if they were slower and you slowed down to stay behind them! ;)

naa... they dusted me at mile 4:(

naa... they dusted me at mile 4:(

Well then next time is a case of what my school reports used to say;
    "Must try harder"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

listening to today fm?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

jerseyeire wrote: »
    listening to today fm?

No, I've stopped listening to Arsey since he got a sex change and a lobotomy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Just watched Milan San Remo 1992 finish on youtube.
    Always makes me smile. Class, pure class. I even felt slightly sorry for Argentin.

• Advertisement

Facebook and it's targeted advertising:

93537.JPG

Facebook.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Out for a spin yesterday and passed a guy with aero bars on a hardtail MTB - is that usual / unusual? Why would you want them?

......and before any witty wags post - it wasn't these aero bars.....

Nestle_Aero_Milk_Bars_2oz_(45g)_5000189532113.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

This is an aside from this thread.

Anyone have any tips on how to remove persistent funk from cycling jerseys? I have a couple of favourites that, even after being washed in accordance with the instructions, smell like they need a good boiling, but that can't be good for the fabric. Any tips?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

niceonetom wrote: »
    This is an aside from this thread.

Anyone have any tips on how to remove persistent funk from cycling jerseys? I have a couple of favourites that, even after being washed in accordance with the instructions, smell like they need a good boiling, but that can't be good for the fabric. Any tips?

Wear a face mask :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Whooo, a whole new thread for rabbiting on about stuff!

On me hols, I tried some mountain biking for the first time in years. Great fun! I shall be trying this some more over the winter. There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Jawgap wrote: »
    Out for a spin yesterday and passed a guy with aero bars on a hardtail MTB - is that usual / unusual? Why would you want them?
    It would certainly reduce the aerodynamic profile of the bike, could make sense if he had slicks on it and was using it as a commuter. When cycling long distances on the road on my own MTB (to get to trails for example) I tend to hold the bars right next to the stem- this makes a major difference on its own. Aero bars would be more aero still, more comfortable and allow easier pedalling. Your hands out on the grips of a MTB you have absolutely atrocious wind resistance.

In other news, we got France in the World Cup Play-Offs. I blame Caroline for jinxing it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Speaking of other news...The Bank Of Ireland on the Tyrconnell Road just got held up! :eek:

I left Roxboro Road, Limerick to avoid these kind of things!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

In other news, we got France in the World Cup Play-Offs. I blame Caroline for jinxing it yesterday.

France can be sh!t too you know, it's not just an Irish thing!

If you believe in the Luck of the irish ( personally I don't ) France could be shiitter than the Irish and not win for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Speaking of other news...The Bank Of Ireland on the Tyrconnell Road just got held up! :eek:

Boards Jersey Sighting - a man in Boards jersey with aero bars on a bowery and sandals coming out of the Bank of ireland on the Tyrconnel Rd earlier today. He had to Lance Ball bags full of paper things ...

Oh, in other news did you hear Blorg had bought 5 other bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

If you believe in the Luck of the irish ( personally I don't )

As John Lennon put it, if you had the luck of the Irish, you'd wish you were dead.

I've starting firing the abuse at the frogs already :D (won't get to do it after the game, but shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell them that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Oh, in other news did you hear Blorg had bought 5 other bikes?
    I reckon Blorg and Rob Fowl are in some kinda race.Who can own the most bikes before it all goes horribly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

jerseyeire wrote: »
    I've starting firing the abuse at the frogs already :D (won't get to do it after the game, but shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell them that)

Lance!!?
    ls that you? :pac:

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Lance!!?
    ls that you? :pac:

They can say whatever they want, I'm not back on boards for them ;)

• Advertisement

Totally off topic...but I wonder if anyone knows where I can get Superman Logo'd clothing from in town? (internet is not an option this time)
    I put a thread in the comic section, but I figured that someone on here might know :)

Totally off topic

What is the topic?

Raam wrote: »
    What is the topic?

Well it was muttering about football...and then Lance...so I stuck in a whole random Superman comment...figured that seemed slightly off topic.. :)

there is no off topic here. its a dedicated thread where we can spout sh1te and nonsense instead of spouting sh1ite and nonsese in other threads.
    You wanna talk about superman clothes? Fire ahead

Oi loikes armadillos!

• Advertisement

Well it was muttering about football...and then Lance...so I stuck in a whole random Superman comment...figured that seemed slightly off topic.. :)

There is a little shop in stephen's green shopping centre on the first floor close to dunnes that sell t shirts and you might get it there!

Totally off topic...but I wonder if anyone knows where I can get Superman Logo'd clothing from in town? (internet is not an option this time)

I picked up one of these the other day. It's pretty cool.

They have larger versions.

Thanks for all the suggestions...but its all good now :)

Someone rescued me with a paypal account with actual funds available :D

While searching for ideas, I discovered not everyone loves Superman...so for a miserable Tuesday...heres a random question...who is your favourite SuperHero :)

Batfink!

batfink.gif

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »
    I picked up one of these the other day. It's pretty cool.

Didn't realise you were that small

Beasty wrote: »
    Didn't realise you were that small

It was for mini-me.

390~Mini-Me-Goldmember-Posters.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

how do you put the pic into the actual post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Dangermouse%20T%20shirt.JPG

" he's teriffic, he's fantastic whenever there is trouble, he'll be there . . . . Daaaaangermouse, Dangermouse, Dangermouse".

I absolutely love DM and the mighty Penfold. Now thru the wonder that is youtuvbe, I have inroduced them to my 5yr old daughter. She know adores them.

You have brought a tear to my eye Ednwireland, and made my day. Thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement