Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF Moderator loves the powah!

Options
  • 28-09-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Moderator locked this orginal thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055693881 without taking any time to understand what was being asked for. The guy was looking for a mod not a cheat. I posted up http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695115 saying locking thread was a bit heavy handed only for my own thread to be locked and the helpful link I posted to be removed citing the software developer.

Firstly in my opinion the moderator did not give the first post the due attention it required, locking it without trying to gain a full understanding of what was being asked for; and secondly why lock my thread when all I was doing was trying to rightify the situation. Game devs do not demand that mods are removed from the internet, they normally support and encourage mods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well generally its usually prefered if you contact the moderator directly rather than starting a new thread to bring a moderators moderation into question!

Whatever about the terminoligy of what it was, either mod or cheat, I have been lead to believe that it gives an advantage, so hence is cheating.
    Another site quotes this:
    This mod adds everything you could possible need when playing singleplayer, in Battlefield: 2142, from guns too misc

In answer to your questions:
    Firstly the moderator gave it the attn it needed as they were aware of what was being asked for.
    Silverfish kindly linked to the rules on the issue:
    Cheats And 'Cheat Bugs'
    We do not want to see any Cheats or 'Cheat Bugs' being posted or linked to on the site. Period. Any posting of cheats or 'Cheat Bugs' will result in either a strong warning or immediate ban

Secondly:
    Its not the first time you have brought the moderators moderation into question. They have been there already with you, so rather than let the thread decend into how to moderate the forum, it was closed - because well - thats moderation!

I dont see an issue here with Silverfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

What the orginal poster was looking for was a mod, not a cheat. Its a single player mod and does not in any way affect the multiplayer aspect of the game. This mod can be found all over the internet. Most BF players are aware of how moddable the games have been, its one of the highlights of the series.

Yes I have raised issues re moderation before, is there something wrong with questioning this, if I feel the moderation isnt what it should be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've had a look at the first thread and had a bit of a google around and pretty much everything I've come up with has says "cheat mod". The charter clearly says no cheats etc on the forum. It's the same for the level 55 files you can get for Call of Duty 4. Single/multi player doesn't really come in to it.

Advertisement