Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Design Workshops

Options
  • 28-09-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to use but here goes anyway. I'm trying to develop an insight to the history and the experience of the former Kilkenny Design Workshops originally set up by the late William Walsh and which kickstarted a major craft revival in Ireland from the 1960s onwards.

Did anyone on line work there in the 60s or 70s who would care to share your experiences? Perhaps you might have some images of the time in some old biscuit boxes somewhere. If you are interested please come back as I would love to hear from you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Rudolf Heltzel the Goldsmith, used operate there from the start as far as I remember:

10 patrick street, kilkenny ireland
    telephone/fax number +353 (0)56 7721497

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

my dad used to work there back in the day - he even had his own design centre also in kk before he retired, but he probably wouldnt be much use to you.

talk to pierce scott. the man is like an encyclopedia - and sound as a round pound. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

Thank you for this information - very helpful

Advertisement