Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should my chils father pay

Options
  • 28-09-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

my childs father gets 600 euro a week after tax and is paying maintance of 100 euro a week to me since my daughter was born 9 months ago. now he wants to reduce this to 70 a week. he takes our daughter to his place ovenight once a week and all day onece a week.

should i go to court??

how much do u think he should pay??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Depends a lot on what his costs are. €600 per week (€2,600 per month) is not a gigantic amount to survive on after you pay rent/mortgage, a car and subsistence expenses. Additionally, he is entitled to live his life; save money, go on holiday, go to restaurants or the pub, so long as he does not tear the arse out of it.

It also depends on the judge; one judge will award you €150 p.w. and another will want to see the mother support herself financially, or at least make an effort to do so and decrease the amount.

My guess is if he can show high enough overheads he probably would get it decreased in court, but honestly it's anyone's guess.

But ultimately the question should be how much does your child need rather than how much you can get out of him - the latter is frankly a bit distasteful, TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Locking this, as there is a thread in Parenting on the same issue. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement