Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazing Salads

Options
  • 28-09-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

I love this place! It's always the best place to go if you want a quick bite to eat and definitely know what you're getting is vegan. My favourites are the little burger patty things they do, in the fridge at the counter - the sweet potato and chickpea ones are gorgeous, as are the mushroom and lentil ones - YUM! The salad bar is gorgeous but very overpriced in my opinion. First time I went there I was so excited and wanted to try everything and piled it all in, and it cost me a fortune! Their rice balls are nice though, and their spring rolls and pastry wrapped pasty type things look lovely too, but I'm too scared to go near pastry because it's so fattening, LOL, so haven't tried those yet!

I just wish they had an area where you could sit properly around little tables.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Where exactly is it? I've been looking and still can't find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Aoifums wrote: »
    Where exactly is it? I've been looking and still can't find it!
    You know Cornupcopia and Nourish on Wicklow Street? It's not far from there on Drury Street across from the arcade.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=blazin+salads&sll=53.341956,-6.262636&sspn=0.006713,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=53.342462,-6.262175&spn=0.003196,0.009645&z=17

I love Blazin' Salads! Watch out for their baked deserts if you're vegan, though. Some contain egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Yes, if it's vegan it's usually in big letters on the label.

My boyfriend, who is a meat eater, still loves veggie and vegan food and we eat there occasionally and he always thought it was completely vegan... after his second time eating a cheese and caramelized onion sandwich from the place, he suddenly stops dead in his tracks, stares at me in confused horror and says "but cheese!! it's not vegan!!"... whereby I then place my palm onto my forehead and tell him it's also a vegetarian shop. Hehe. Men can be a bit slow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I have the cook book for that somewhere! some amazing salad and dressing ideas in it, I'd love to go to the actual place

Advertisement