Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mach's training log

Options
  • 29-09-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys - long time lurker here, going to start a training log to help me monitor my progress.

Some background info: I'm 23, I enjoy running so it's probably going to make up a significant part of my training regieme, am going to start boxing (I've done it before and found the training great) and also have to join the gym next week (I've recently moved locations so have to get a new gym!).

I currently weigh 203 lbs, I am 6 foot and have a BMI of 27.5, My goal is to drop around 20 lbs. and get to a BMI of around 24.

I hope to get running around 3 - 4 times a week, get to the gym twice and get out boxing once a week. I am aware this is alot of running but I enjoy it so its in there.

I'm aware diet is the main thing and its my weakest area, I eat porridge for breakfast anyway but I fall down with lunch and dinner because I'm usually in a hurry so these are certain area's I'm going to pay attention to. Going to make sure I get my greens and proper fix of protein while not going to excess with the carbs!

Been injured the last few weeks so no real training, was doing a bit of training over the summer but my diet was terrible.

I'm making the diet thing my long term commitment - training is not a problem for me but I need to take my diet seriously.

Also being a 23 yr old I enjoy my drink but am going to try to limit this ( I know this might sound appalling but can easily go on a 4 day binge if the occassion requires it - this happens very rarely though and is definitely going to be cut out!)

So it's the 29th September - I weigh 203 lbs, have a BMI of 27.5 - going to drop to 183/185 and going to drop to around 23/24 on BMI - no real time frame - going to say maybe 15 weeks to achieve this - might increase this if I feel I'm dropping weight too quickly - so hope to have this achieved around mid January and I'm happy I'm involving Christmas in this as it will be a test of my diet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

hi,

In the same boat as yourself.
    As well as keeping the logs here I use www.fitday.com - someone here pointed me too it, its excellent for keeping track of in vs out.

best of luck

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭machintoshlover

Hey thanks Rob - I think I will join that as well - our goals are pretty similar alright! Best of luck with your log I will be keeping an eye on it - how often are you planning on monitoring your progress? I'm thinking maybe every 3 weeks?

So today 29/09/09

Exercise:

10.5 km run

Meals:

Breakfast: porridge

Lunch: banana, apple, tuna on a slice of brown bread

Dinner: Lemon chicken with brown rice

Need to get more veg in there but I forgot to get them while shopping! Also am going to add smaller meal in there for supper - didn't have time today. Also drank about 3.5 litres of water - didn't force myself or anything I just was sipping away all day.

30/09/09

Exercise:

10.5km run - again I know but intended doing a shorter run - ended up doing the whole thing again

Food:

Breakfast - Porridge

Lunch - Banana, tuna on brown bread

Dinner - chicken stir fry wit pepper, onion, beansprout and brown rice

Desert - had a yop

After run - slice of brown bread and banana

Drank about 3 litres of water today.

01/10/09

Exercise:

10.5 km run

Food:

Breakfast: Porridge

Lunch: apple, chicken soup with slice of brown bread

Dinner: Chicken, veg, brown rice

Supper: banana, slice of brown bread

Drank about 3 litres of water again

02/10/09

Exercise:

None!

Food:

Breakfast: Porridge

Lunch: Apple, Banana, a bit of chicken

Had a snack on the drive home this weekend: 2 cereal bars

Dinner: frozen pizza (got home late and there was nothing else in the house)

Desert: yoghurt

Drank about 2.5 litre of water, had few pints with the lads - prob about 5-6 pints altogether.

Feel grand this morning - going to go for a light run (about 6k) then hit the gym.My sisters 21st is tonight so will tomorrow will be a right off - going to concentrate on maintaining my diet! Will post later or tomorrow my log for today (03/10/09)

• Advertisement

I've been quite busy the past few days so havent been able to update! I had a few very bad days but to bring things up to speed here is the day by day account:

03/10/09

Exercise:

7k run
    Chin up's
    Deadlifts

(shortest gym session ever but its all I could fit in time wise)

Diet:

Breakfast: Special K
    Lunch: Egg Sandwich (2 eggs)
    Dinner: Chicken

drank about 2 litres of water
    I'm not too sure how drink I drank - but it was alot - my drinking lasted for about 12 hours

04/10/09

Exercise:

None

Diet:

Absolutely terrible

Lasagne
    Cheesecake
    Chinese take away

05/10/09

Exercise: None

Diet:

Pathetic again:

Crunchy nut feast for breakfast
    Cheese cake
    Birthday cake
    Pasta bake for dinner
    more cheese cake

(there was alot of food left over from 21st!)

06/10/09

Things pick up again now!

Exercise:

11k run

Diet:

Breakfast: Crunchy nut feast
    Early dinner: Turkey, spuds, carrots
    Late lunch: banana, apple, tuna mixed with a bit of sweetcorn

07/10/09

Exercise:

11k run

Diet

Breakfast: Crunchy nut feast
    Lunch: banana, apple, cereal bar
    Late lunch: tuna mixed with sweetcorn
    Dinner: Chicken and pasta

Drank about 3 litres of water

Okay so on Friday things got a little bit messy, I recomposed my self Saturday only for Saturday night to destroy all of Sunday and Monday - so last week I went running 4 times clocking up about 38.5km, had a short gym session, my diet went bad on Friday and Sunday.

This week Monday was a terrible waste of a day - I should have forced myself to do some exercise and had should have watched what I ate

I picked myself up since then and will just have to try harder, I still don't have enough money to join the gym so its going to be boxing/ running for a while (probably until November) so I can join the gym.

Advertisement