Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cupcake tin - large sized?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this.
    I am looking for a cupcake/bun tin that would make buns muffin sized or American cupcake sized.
    I bought one in Tesco a while back and while it is a good bit bigger than a normal fairy cake tin its still quite small. It was from the line of tins that are blue backed..It fits the Dr Oetker muffin papers, which are also disappointingly small..
    I have found papers for a tin with larger cup holes but the shop didn't stock muffin/large cupcake tins (options in galway). Just wondering if anyone has seen them anywhere (though preferably Galway or Dublin).
    Thanks
    Jenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Clerys in Dublin stock the Wilton, who are American, range of baking equipment. I know they have the 6 cup muffin pan you can see here, and maybe even the king-size pan, or they could at least order it in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

thanks, that looks good, must check it out but its still quite narrow?
    like i can see that its really deep but i'm looking for like a wide and deep one. i'll have a look in clery's next time i'm there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

TK Maxx is the answer, as most of stuff is American they will have them but you might have to go a few times as it just depends what stock they get in. Have seen them there several times, didnt buy any cos there are just too many calories in those giant buns!

ooh would never have thought of there...!! and now that the galway one is getting ready to open I can check regularly!!! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Magic Monkey is right on the button there.

I bought 2 of those Wilton Jumbo Muffin tins a few weeks back and they were a complete snip at a tenner each. They had loads of them in stock.

Chap working there was a good laugh too. :)

• Advertisement

coolio :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

theres a place on pearse st in dub that do alot of baking and cooking stuff called sweeney orourkes,id say u mite get them in some of the bigger debenhams

found some in TK maxx, the 6 cup ones, they were i think 6 or 6.50 each but didnt have money on me so didnt buy them. BUT then i was in one of the discount shops on Thomas St yesterday and got pretty much identical ones for 3 quid each, sorted!!

Advertisement