Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sexy Undies

• 29-09-2009 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭

I went to treat myself to a nice new set over the weekend only to be reallllly disappointed! I want a pink/black (sexy but not too trashy) bra knickers and a matching suspender belt and stockings only to find a very limited selection of belts everywhere a went (la senza, marks and knickerbox). There is plenty of basques with suspender attach but i would not get enough wear out of these.

Help?!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I gotta say, I love H&M for underwear, Liffey Valley has a great underwear section, in fact I think it is the only branch with a lingerie area. Does suspender belts too and lovely sets.
    GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Lady wrote: »
    I gotta say, I love H&M for underwear, Liffey Valley has a great underwear section, in fact I think it is the only branch with a lingerie area. Does suspender belts too and lovely sets.
    GL

I was never aware they did underwear until recently when I was out in the square (i think). Bought a couple of bras.
    Best I have ever bought tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Agent Provecteur...expensive but the nicest or try online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

New Look and h&m do great underwear.. only discovered em recently as i never really thought of them for undies before.
    you might have to get the stockings and suspenders elsewhere tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

I know you said you tried it but I usually love M&S for underwear, not their Per Una stuff, the other brands they stock. Not surprised you didn't find much in La Senza, I don't know why people always bang on about it, I personally hate their bras! Give Anne Summers a shot if you're willing to pay a bit, usually a good one for suspenders ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

I got lovely pair of black frilly knickers with suspenders attached in tk maxx a while back..might be worth having a look there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Try looking at it from a guy's point of view, I wanted to get something for my gf so i went onto a few different website's but had some trouble with size's. Knew what i wanted to get her but didnt know where to go...off i went to la senza in liffy vally and asked the girl for some help. gave her the size and she looked me up and down as if they were for me....mother of god surely there used to guys coming in to buy for there gf's. granted i probably am near enough to the same size but come on...It would put me off buying instore for my gf again and shopping online can be hit and miss when shopping for my better half.Got her a babydoll and stocking's but what an ordeal

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rionnat

Have to agree with you. Having bought lingerie for my gf and myself it is never easy. When you ask for assistance you are always made to feel so uncomfortable...maybe I just feel guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

I find figleaves.com great. You can do a specific search, so if you're looking for suspenders particularly you can target that. But when you look at any item all the matching items are given as well, so if it's a bra there'll be the different matching briefs, suspender, etc. etc.

I've bought Freya, La Perla and Midnight Grace stuff. I see they have Dita Von Teese's range, looks like there are some nice pieces but haven't ordered any.

Prices are slightly keener than in stores.

One grouch - I find if I review a product positively the review gets posted up, but if it's negative it often doesn't, so keep that in mind when looking at product reviews as a guide. But the size guide advice is spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I really don't get the hype about La Senza. Some of their stuff is ok - but it's the same kind of thing all the time.
    Maybe try some of the places that would be more thought of as sex shops like Miss Fantasia on South William Street or Utopia around Capel Street. They actually can have some nice stuff - not just trashy types of things. I actually got the most amazing ankle boots in Miss Fantasia earlier this year - not at all sleazy - just suede with a really nice heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Yeah don't get La Senza popularity either. It's fine but it's not special.

Advertisement