Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flights Chicago to Dublin for Christmas

• 29-09-2009 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello everyone. I hope someone can advise me. Me and my Mom and Dad are thinking of spending Christmas in Ireland with my mother's family who are from Galway. We currently live in Chicago.

However the only thing that is putting us off is the price of the tickets, with aer lingus they were $790 yesterday and jumped up to $880 today! So I'm just wondering do people think they will get any cheaper before then or should we just go ahead and book them now before they get more expensive. I know this probably sounds like a stupid question as nobody can predict these things but any previous experience may be helpful.

Oh and I have tried the thread at the top with all the links to different travel websites but aer lingus seems the cheapest direct flight. And the dates we were thinking of was leaving Chicago on the 23rd to arrive in Dublin on 24th and leave Dublin on Sunday 3rd January if that helps. Thanks guys! Hope to hear from ye!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi, welcome to Boards.

To be perfectly honest, for those dates, you'd be doing extremely well to get them cheaper than they are now. Seats for dates around Christmas never come back down in price and are generally excluded from seat sales. Have you considered indirect flights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭steve-o

Aer Lingus are rarely cheapest for transatlantic flights. Try aa.com and united.com.

Edit: Just noticed your dates - the Aer Lingus fare is pretty good. If you are a little flexible (maybe arrive a few days earlier and go back on New Year's day) you'll get a cheaper fare.

Advertisement