Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corn snake question

Options
  • 29-09-2009 3:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

I have a corn snake, the most placid creature I have ever handled. I was looking at a program on TV recently, there was a snake handler who used to bath his snakes in his bath. My snake normally goes into the container I use for his water, quite funny to watch, but I was wondering was it a good idea to wash him/her in the bath? Is this important? If so what temprature would I keep the water at and for how long would I keep the snake in the bath for?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

no need to bath, especially if he sheds normally and uses his water bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Roisinmor

I have a couple of corns, am no expert but I do put them into the sink every couple of weeks and let them bathe. They seem to enjoy it so I do it. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dont think its necessary, its hardly harmful anyways. Either the water bowl itself or the bath/sink should be grand.
    If you want I can give you the number of my mate. He has a nice collection of spiders and really knows what he is on about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I bathed my albino boa constrictor in the bath to try and drown some of the mites he had.

He left some 'logs' in the water after himself

Advertisement