Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another licence question

Options
  • 29-09-2009 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

In section 2.4 previus history,do i need to mention getting 3 month ban for drink driving in 2004? i think i do ,but a friend said not to bother as you dont need to include driving offensis.
    Should i just put it in anyway as i dont want them coming back to me in a month and asking why i didnt mention it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

In section 2.4 previus history,do i need to mention getting 3 month ban for drink driving in 2004? i think i do ,but a friend said not to bother as you dont need to include driving offensis.
    Should i just put it in anyway as i dont want them coming back to me in a month and asking why i didnt mention it.

I know of one lad in our club that didn't include his ban on his application because it was over 10 years ago.
    Two days after he sent in his application the local fo rang wanting to know why he hadn't included it and gave him a bit of a going over on the phone.
    So I would deffinitly put it on because they are checking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

put in in
    just in case ,no harm to show them ya hiding anything

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

According to the FAQs on the Garda website " you must disclose all offenses pending or convictions in relation to any offense ". Penalty points was a sticky area but most agree that it need not be disclosed as you receive a fixed penalty and unless you challenge the fine its all done without a court date or conviction per se. As you received a conviction i presume you were in court for it and as such have a conviction therefore must disclose it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement