Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you taunt while playing SF4?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I unlocked Evil Ryu on SF4 the other day. He always light punches 3-4 times after a KO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've been throwing out random taunts in online matches since this thread started and my god do people lose it. Seriously, I'll be playing against a turtle, throw out a taunt and they'll go bat crazy, doing random jump ins, and all sorts of unsafe moves. It's like it flicks a switch or something.

Oh and re: Bison, I mean he doesn't even need to actually taunt, his FA is effectively one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i throw taunts at ******s in champion ship mode cause they use lag traits to get by

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was playing a Ken with my Ryu. He was obviously a very good player and had a very good ken. He was still on full health and I had about 30% when he decided to taunt. I went on to win that round, and then perfect him in the next.

lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

bush wrote: »
    People who hit after the ko have no class:pac:

not really, i dont wanna wait there till he falls.
    I actually wish there was more timing, sometimes in sf3 a super would come out after, it was really cool looking, in this sometimes an fa comes out which is also cool looking

is there an option select for FA? unless ppl just do them randomly :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

You can still pull off super cancels after a round but you have to have fast inputs. I think I've only done it once with Ryu, looked really cool seeing the particles in slow mo.

I'm seeing random replies about the forum about evil ryu and t. hawk in sfiv, where are these lads then?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

i wanna change my answer
    from now on i shall taunt relentlessly:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Placebo wrote: »
    not really, i dont wanna wait there till he falls.
    I actually wish there was more timing, sometimes in sf3 a super would come out after, it was really cool looking, in this sometimes an fa comes out which is also cool looking

is there an option select for FA? unless ppl just do them randomly :s

Yeah I'm the same and yeah super canceling ko's are still there just supers are really rare in this game due to generally it being better to use the ex moves and ultras :(
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    :eek:

Wow I never even considered hitting the characters after a KO might been seen as mocking the player or rubbing it in. I always hit them, mainly cause I like to see people go out on a strong hit, as its a ko after all :p I hate koing someone with a ****ty looking jab or short, I'll make sure to use a strong hit of some sort afterwards. In fact sitting there looking at your opponent as they patheticly crumple to the ground seems to me more like a rub in then continuing to hit them lol.

I'll often try to get a two hit move in also. If the ko move sends them into the air, I'll often try to jump up after and hit them again in the air. Some characters like Ryu, for example, their feet just go through the character and you don't get a hit :mad: But cammy and ken can do this.

I'll sometimes focus attack people during a ko. Lastly, I love landing the ko mid super cancel. So a super comes out after a ko (on the final round), it just looks bad ass. :cool:

For me I just want people to go out on a move that looks right, jabs pokes sweeps don't feel like they should be koing anyone :p

**edit** although one thing thats carried over from 3s as an insult kinda thing is using chunnies bitch slap after koing them, but she has a bitch slap yea gotta use it muahahahaha

Advertisement