Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Price for Roof Windows

Options
  • 29-09-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All
    Where is the cheapest place to get good Velux , Rooflight or Fakro windows?
    I need 5.
    I am interested in 1140 * 1180 size, but im not fussy.
    Hope to hear about good deals North & South of border!
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

As the hardwares are usually just suppliers the prices should be fairly universal. I have no idea about the prices up north.

Tip: Find a big building contractor who is gone quiet or stopped, they usually carry some stocks you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 donal1981

Thanks Uncle_Tom - Do you have any contact details of people you might have in mind?

So far best price for a 780*980 velux center pivot (M04) roof window = 278 Euro including flashings & VAT

Can anyone do better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

donal

You can get a 1140 x 1180 Velux including flashing and Vat for around €450

You can get a 1140 x 1180 from Brooks including flashing and Vat for around €300

Regards

Keith Kelliher

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gwheels

Hi Donal/Keith

In the middle of a self build myself at the moment, just starting to felt the roof.

Price difference in the slate, velux, plumbing etc is absolutely astounding.

I have priced around a lot, in the South, North & the UK and the best price I found is M04 velux for £175.50+VAT - €219 inc UK VAT, M06 velux for £198.25+VAT - €248 inc UK VAT, both including flashing, both in J.J. Roofing Supplies in London.

Even with 15% UK VAT and the currency changeover thats a massive difference! The chap said he would deliver anywhere in the UK at that, didn't get to ask whether he'd deliver to Ireland but at the very least I can get them delivered to a mate of mine in the North.

Next cheapest I could find was Haldane & Fisher in the North at about £15 extra. Cheapest locally was Heiton Buckley @ €301 for M04 & €351 for M06, €82 & €103 dearer respectively. I have 10 windows to fit so there's a saving of approx €1,000 straight away!

Have you got pricing on slates etc?

Regards

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 28 donal1981

Thanks gwheels & kkelliher

In the end i purchased 780*980 center pivot roof window for 250 Euro including flashings & VAT. It is not velux brand (rooflight i think) but i trust it will do the job well.

I got Niall O'Flaherty & Co. Ltd., (Ennis).

I also got slates Cembrit Jutland 60 * 30 for 1.21 Euro inc 21.5 VAT
    I think for a republic of Ire price, thats not too bad.
    Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

Is the prices and cost section not set up specifically so people can mention and exchange names of suppliers?

Jollyman wrote: »
    Is the prices and cost section not set up specifically so people can mention and exchange names of suppliers?

Of course you are correct, I forgot what sub-forum I was in for a minute. My Apologies I have re-edited the names back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mendel

Q. what is a roof window?? is there a website anyone knows that you can view them? i think they are what i want

Q.2 are they mad expensive?

Sorry ignore last post...........i think what i am looking for is a glass roof?

same query anyone know a website that shows them or a supplier and are they mad expensive??

mendel wrote: »
    Q. what is a roof window?? is there a website anyone knows that you can view them? i think they are what i want

Q.2 are they mad expensive?

The three types mentioned in the OP are linked below,

http://www.rooflights.ie/

http://www.fakro.com/

http://www.velux.ie/

It depends on what you are looking for but they are not overly expensive, imo.

Just saw your last post.

Any conservatory provider will price and provide an all glazed roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

http://www.rooflights.ie/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,26/?g2_itemId=17

I think you might be reffering to the saddle rooflights, had looked into getting one of these for our house.

www.selfbuildardmore.blogspot.com

yes jollyman i think that is what we want, do you have any idea what kind of money they cost?

i notice from your blog your build is in ardmore, great place we holiday there every year and absolutely love it. what part of the village are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Anyone come across suppliers/ prices of triple glazed Velux/ Facro etc roof windows?

Thanks,

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sk19

kkelliher wrote: »
    donal

You can get a 1140 x 1180 Velux including flashing and Vat for around €450

You can get a 1140 x 1180 from Brooks including flashing and Vat for around €300

Regards

Keith Kelliher

Hey Keith

Can you pm the details of these supplies and locations.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Hi Guys - how much approx. would it cost to fit a velux window?

I am considering asking a short of work builder neighbour to fit 2/3 to the attic - and lets just say, I'd like to pay him a fair price for the job.

Thanks

Advertisement