Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobh Post Office

Options
  • 29-09-2009 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any plans to reopen the Cobh Post Office? At the moment I can't collect parcels as the parcel office (in the old Golf course - that itself took me an hour to find!) is only open for a couple of hours in the middle of each day Monday - Friday so absolutely no use to someone who works M-F 9-5 in the City centre. Where possible I get stuff delivered to work but some companies will only ship to address where CC is registered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The Post Office has transferred across the road to Centra. Parcels can still be collected at the old office 10 - 2 or whatever it is. Not sure about this golf course thing - unless they've changed in the last few weeks? However, if you give the parcel lads a ring they will send stuff into your work address for you. Unfortunately I've lost the number though! Maybe ring the 'new' office and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I hope they do something decent with the building anyway,maybe even convert it into that ferry port they wanted too build because it has been in hsambles these last few years :(
    lol when I was a toddler I used to think the boogieman lived where the titanic resturant was before they built it up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Parcels can still be collected at the old office 10 - 2 or whatever it is.
    not any more, they're stored in the old golf course. There isn't an option to redirect to work on the thing they put through the door only to leave with a neighbour or collect from old golf course (M-F). Got someone to collect them for me but it's not a solution long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

you can register alternative delivery addresses with your credit card company. that way, when you ask the company to deliver to work the CC company will ok the delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

not any more, they're stored in the old golf course. There isn't an option to redirect to work on the thing they put through the door only to leave with a neighbour or collect from old golf course (M-F). Got someone to collect them for me but it's not a solution long term.

Yes you're right - they have now changed to the Golf Course alright. So they have gone from having parcel collection available Mon - Sat 9 - 17.30 to Mon - Fri 10.30 - 14.00. What a shower of absolute *****. The phone number should be on the leaflet if you want them to redirect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement