Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Toby can't catch a break

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Brilliant news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Thats good news! I can't see the pictures though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Your dogs are gorgeous, am so glad that he is doing so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

I love a happy ending ! what beautiful dogs, I love springers, they have such a huge zest for life !

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Yay! Delighted he is ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Thats BRILLIANT news Iguana! Well done Toby, ya little trooper!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

Glad to hear Toby is doing better,I bet that's a wait off both your minds. I can't see the pictures tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Had a vet's visit this morning and things are better than we'd hoped for. He looks set to make a full recovery. He's put on some weight, he's no longer dehydrated and seems to have full kidney function. On the first night home he needed the toilet 4 times over night and even then he peed twice on his bed. But last night he was in bed for 7 hours without needing the toilet.

The vet has doubled his food allowance which is great as he was starving. Yesterday I caught him trying to steal some bread off the kitchen counter, which is not Toby's usual style. I was just happy to see him display so much "initiative" after being so sick - though I was relieved he didn't get his paws on it, it could have made him ill again.

He even got to take a small walk this afternoon. I took him to the small park around the corner which he was eager to explore as he never goes there as dogs have to be kept on lead as it's grade II listed. (It was closed for renovations while he was recovering from his broken leg). We just had a short walk (learned his diarrhea is gone ;)) came home where he had his biggest meal since being sick and then he had a long satisfied nap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Glad to hear Toby's doing so well. He'll be back to normal before you know it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Great to hear he is doing much better! I hope he is back to normal ASAP! & fingers crossed he has no other mishap!

• Advertisement
Advertisement