Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon II

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jiggajt wrote: »
    Correct me if im wrong but was the turnout last time not in the mid 40% or something? Thats pretty good for a referendum. I can guarantee you the turnout will be less this time around!

Aye, higher then Nice anyway. Id imagine this time might be a little higher, as it was more high profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

don't think i'll vote then I won't be blamed for fcukin the country up.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Aparently the turnout for Kilkenny city is one of the highest in the country so far. It currently stands at 20%. I wonder will it be as close in Kilkenny as last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Sully wrote: »
    Aye, higher then Nice anyway. Id imagine this time might be a little higher, as it was more high profile.

wouldn't take much to beat the first Nice referendum vote, that was an awful turn out, very low 30's but the second Nice referendum vote was fairly high almost 50%, not sure if we'll match that this time.

Stand corrected on the turn out, looks like they got that evening rush that was expected and is looking like it's just over 50% turn out. Nice to hear as I had a bunch of friends who didn't bother voting and I thought it might be a low turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Wow. Im genuinely shocked at the turnout. There's a lot more than 5 votes in it in carlow-kilkenny this time around! I think yes will probably be better for Ireland in the short term but the EU as a whole will suffer 20-40 years down the line but i probably wont be around then so....

Very happy with result but have already written letter to send to various government types stressing I voted for the treaty and it's in no way an endorsement of them....I'm sure they'll ignore it but it'll help me feel a little better.

Advertisement