Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade

Options
  • 29-09-2009 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I am looking to upgrade my PC, I am looking for a cheap motherboard, cpu and ram, i have all the other parts. I wont be doing any gaming on it, just web browsing and some photoshop (nothing too heavy). Currently i have a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.8 ghz, which just cant handle very much, ideally i would like a dual core

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

How cheap? And what parts do you have already? The HDD and PSU might need a refresh too (hopefully not)...

Off the top of my head I'd go for a cheap Intel C2D build as AMD has issues with later versions of Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

What about this on eBuyer...
    Certainly not a bad deal, not bleeding edge tech but not too shabby
    Link

Advertisement