Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter Comm problem

• 29-09-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭

Firstly, let me explain , I am not an electrician, but I am having difficulty with my Intercom system. We just had electric gates installed. We linked the gate system into the intercom, it worked fine, as in intercom pressed, phone in house rang, I saw the person on the screen, we spoke clearly to each other. Then the electrician proceeded in putting the cover on the external intercom and the feedback was unmerciful. Picture still fine, but you could not hear one another with the screeching of the feedback. when he took the cover off ,it again was perfect ! No matter what he did , he could not get the cover back on without the unmercifull feedback.

All suggestions are Most MOST Welcome

Secman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭secman

Have some update on this, electrician believes that if he uses a gasket of sorts to stop metal on metal that this will resolve the feedback issue. Any thoughts anyone, any bright sparks out there ? (excuse the pun)

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Have you called your supplier? That's what they are for. Or call the manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Have you called your supplier? That's what they are for. Or call the manufacturer.

that's a fair point, unless this "gasket of sorts" is something that the electrician left out against the advice of the manufacturers when he did the job initially then it is an issue for the manufacturer. is it the correct housing for that unit?

No gasket came with the unit. The unit is currently back with the supplier and we are awaiting their verdict on it. But I did witness the feedback myself, I could see the sparks trying to put the cover on, as it got nearer to the base, the feedback occurred, as he moved it back away from the base it stopped ! As you can detect the camera works perfectly !

Had a pain in my face saying " hello" "hello" "hello" ..................

Hoping for an update on Monday, its a Legrand unit,

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

Its a very simple fix this usually happens with new installs,you dont need any gaskets or any other stuff all that needs to be done is the volume or the sensitivity of the mic or both need to be turned down at the door station.there should be a little adjuster or even two at the back of the unit.Turn them down a small bit,refit the panal and if there is still feedback keep turning them down bit by bit and the feed back will eventually go.

• Advertisement

sparks away on hols , due back wed, hoping for a quick update at end of week. Will let ye know. Thanks for info to date.

Secman

Update:

Intercom unit went back to Legrande and they completely replaced the inside of the unit, its up now and FULLY operational. Happy Days and big thanks to Legrande.

Secman

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Great to hear. They make great stuff!

Did you ring the guy whose number I PMed to you?

Yep, thats the guy the sparks was dealing with, a gentleman. Thanks again

Secman

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No bother!
    He helped me out one time too. That is why I reccomend Legrand, if you have an issue they always sort you out. That can mean the difference between getting paid, and not!

• Advertisement
Advertisement