Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Water Problems!

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all
    New to the Charlesland area and just wondering is/was anyone else in the same predicament as me.
    First off the immersion, had this running for three hours and only got a 15 minute shower out of it. :confused:
    Secondly the boiler, the water doesn't heat up on its own so have to make sure either rads or off or the main thermometer is set to zero if i just want hot water, however even doing this and having it turned on for two hours, ten to fifteen minutes is the max amount of hot water we get. :confused:
    Now i have no problems because i get my hot shower but the other half doesn't get a good start to his mornings :mad:
    Any advise would be great...
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I found because of the pumped system, you get great water pressure in the shower, but the hot water runs out quite quickly as a consequence, as the cylinder can only hold so much water. Are you setting the immersion to "Bath" btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NiamhMay

Have tried both Bath and Sink and the same happens on both. :confused:
    i've never had this in any property before i just find it very strange... Could there be a plumbing issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

NiamhMay wrote: »
    Have tried both Bath and Sink and the same happens on both. :confused:
    i've never had this in any property before i just find it very strange... Could there be a plumbing issue??

I keep it on bath. Leave it on for about 20-30 mins. Half fill bath til starts to get colder. Wait another 15 odd mins and should be able to fill bath. Shower, i just leave it on for about 20 mins and get good long shower out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NiamhMay

Thanks Ciaran but seems an real old school way of doing things. My last home either gas or immersion for 1 hour and easily have 1half to 2 hours of hot water.
    Maybe time to call in a plumber, especially with winter knocking don't think cold showers are the way forward :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

maybe the bath element of your immersion is gone. This can happen while the sink one still works. You Need to change it if it is it, innit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

It does indeed sound like the element has given up in your tank. It's a smallish job for your plumber. If you just moved in and you don't know what kind of showers it's yielded before, maybe the 'bath' and the 'sink' elements are reversed inside the immersion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tayto23

recently we've had the exact same problem as you.

Did you get a plumber in? Have you done anything since?

Advertisement