Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snapfish for 12*8.

• 29-09-2009 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I've to print up 100 photos for work, and we're looking for them to be around the A4 size.

I've looked at a few, and snapfish are coming in way under the prices of the others - only 89c for 12*8. Is there some sort of catch? Are they going to be crap quality?

I only need them to put up in a room for an evening, so don't need to last - but the big price difference has suddenly made me nervous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I've done larger format with snapfish about 30x20 (iirc - it was some time ago) and the quality was absolutely fine. Their prices were ridiculously cheap for that size (I think €10 or something like that). The only drawback which I found was not having a matt finishing option. Having said that, the print was absolutely fine and fit for purpose. Can't really fault them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've used snapfish twice and in my experience they messed up both times. First tm eI got 12x8's and some images had a green haze/cast/fog on them in patches when there was no green in the images to start with. I put it down to a machine that needed calibrating or something as they were only test prints.

Second time I ordered a 30x20 print for a friend and when it arrived it was someone elses 30x20 montage of grandmas birthday, baby sean's christening, dogs on a sofa, family get togethers etc....my friend thought I played a sick joke on her because she was really looking forward to the print. It took me 2 weeks of non stop emails to get a response from snapfish before they said they would resend the image free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fuzzywuzzy1

check out aldiphotos.ie

55c for 12x8. I used them before for a party and they were fine. Again no matt option as far as I can see, but it's worth a look.

Delivery is 1.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

my pix is €1 dearer but i never had a quality problem from though although they are quite glossy, they are a decent standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

check out aldiphotos.ie

55c for 12x8. I used them before for a party and they were fine. Again no matt option as far as I can see, but it's worth a look.

Delivery is 1.99
    Thanks for the recommendation fuzzy. It'll be interesting to see how the quality compares with Photobox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

I moved from Bonusprints recently as I was having problems with the colour but I am now with Digi Prints and find them excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

check out aldiphotos.ie

Delivery is 1.99

Thanks for this - i'd completely forgotten about them. I've ended up going with them, as its saved us a bit of money - which is always good.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

I've ordered some 8x12 prints from snapfish, along with some free 6x4 of them
    the 6x4 came with vibrant colours, the 8x12 came washed out
    when I queried it I got:

note, pictures were on a resolution of 4256x2832 or so
    Hello,

Thank you for the pictures. That happened because of the resolution of the prints. The bigger prints could not be as good as the other ones because they had the same resolution. The best solution is to upload pictures with higher resolution. We are very sorry you are not happy with the prints and as a compensation we will register 30 free prints 6*4 that you can order anytime. Please let us know if you accept our offer.

Regards,
    Roxana
    Snapfish Customer Service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

quilmore wrote: »
    I've ordered some 8x12 prints from snapfish, along with some free 6x4 of them
    the 6x4 came with vibrant colours, the 8x12 came washed out
    when I queried it I got:

<ridiculous explanation>

note, pictures were on a resolution of 4256x2832 or so

IE ... Let's hope the stupid consumer doesn't have a clue what we're talking about, so we can get away with saying any ould crap, and then get them all soft and gooey with an offer of even more of our crappy free prints. Win !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Last I knew (which was quite a while ago now) Snapfish's terms & conditions stated that if you uploaded a photo to them.. you transferred copyright ownership of the photo to them, and you no longer had the right to use said photo without paying them. It also gave them the right to sell it however they saw fit, including as clipart etc..

That might be the "catch" if they haven't changed their T&C's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Really? I can't find that in the T&C now... only this:-

"6.3 Reservation of Ownership
    We retain ownership of the delivered goods until the sum is paid in full under the terms of this Contract. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

That's a huge improvement than. Can't really object to them owning a print until you pay for it.
    ellee wrote: »
    Really? I can't find that in the T&C now... only this:-

"6.3 Reservation of Ownership
    We retain ownership of the delivered goods until the sum is paid in full under the terms of this Contract. "

Advertisement