Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poly/Glasshouses feedback?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm currently studying product design in IT Carlow and for my final year project I am looking into the use of of greenhouses in the garden.

I am looking for some feedback of the users of this product, so if anyone owns a greenhouse and has a good or bad experience using it please leave some feed back!

Thanks
    Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Great for growing tomatoes and stuff. Needs an automated irrigation system when away on holidays. The solar gain makes for a lovely reading room in winter months.
    We use our greenhouse for drying clothes during the winter months. In addition we store a few weeks supply of firewood which helps dry it out further.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

one seed can produce pot fulls of fruit meaning less on groceries as you can just go out and pull what you need when it ripens, so much can be grown indoors from march till Oct and even over the winter months. great for airing wood, cloths, outdoors storage etc.

all food grown is basically 100% organic, i use no sprays or plant food on mine, we compost a lot of household stuff and so this makes great compost for growing next year

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Well we built a greenhouse early this year and its brilliant. I always planted seeds in trays outdoors and directly in the ground and had tons and tons of failures. They would be soaked or dried out, very disheartening.

This year in the greenhouse was so sucessful that I a small amount of failures. The result was I had flowers in my garden this year that I was unable to grow from seed before. I had strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, and an abundance of garden flowers from chrysanthumums to stocks to delpheniums. I also started a whole range of veg and planted them out when they were young plants. The vegetables started in the greenhouse and grown on outdoors were miles ahead, stronger and healthier than any that I had sown directly outdoors.

As you can guess the greenhouse gets a major thumbs up from me:p

Advertisement