Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies and men's soccer clubs

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    I'm interested in joining a ladies soccer team (in or around the city;I have a car so it doesn't have to be really central). Could somebody give some the names of some clubs., prehaps contact details Also same for the men's, a friend of mine is interested.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Galway League:
    Well there is Renmore ladies, Salthill (they have a few national players, if you're in it for the fun, I'd stay away!), Ashe Rovers (not too far behind Salthill, serious club, got beaten by Salthill on Sunday in Terryland), Oranbay 90 (Oranmore), G.U.S.T (Galway United Supporters Trust, not too sure where they are based, they won silverware on Sunday against Oranbay), if you wanna go north, then the newest team is Tuam Celtic who I play for. We are joining the Galway League which starts in May next year, we have played 7 matches so far and hope to train through the winter where most of the clubs are finishing now after playing in the league.

I assume you don't want to go any more north but there is Dunmore who won the Roscommon League the last few years and Moylough. Glen Celtic (Glenamadday) play in that league also I think.

hope that helps!
    I'd be able to get ya in touch with Renmore I think...perhaps Oranbay too. And of course Tuam Celtic...

and your man friend can check this site to see what he makes of the mens league...ladies section there too

http://galwaysoccer.editboard.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I think my bro helps organise the renmore womens soccer.

Just throw me a PM and ill get you the details/contact if interested.

Krieg wrote: »
    I think my bro helps organise the renmore womens soccer.

Just throw me a PM and ill get you the details/contact if interested.

We have played Renmore, they had the honour of being the first team we played! We certainly look forward to playing them again in the future.

Thanks anyway!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Galgal5003

Aw deadly, thanks so much for the replies, great to get such good info. However, I've since joined a GAA team and don't have time for both, will pass on the info about the men's teams though!

• Advertisement

Galgal5003 wrote: »
    Aw deadly, thanks so much for the replies, great to get such good info. However, I've since joined a GAA team and don't have time for both, will pass on the info about the men's teams though!

NOOO! Not the GAA...

Your welcome though!

Advertisement