Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable Auctioneers (buying)

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:44am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Would someone be able to give me a bit of a rundown or pointers in terms of what to look for when dealing with an auctioneer? This is for a friend of the family who is attempting to buy a house (first time) in North Dublin. Granted, phone calls not being returned is sort of expected, but so far we have been met with misinformation, a lack of professionalism and plain incompetence, by 2 separate auctioneers. It's not that we have misinterpreted things, their communication has been really quite poor. We are slightly taken aback because we thought that they would be falling over themselves to be knowledgeable and helpful given the state of the market. Apparently not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

Would someone be able to give me a bit of a rundown or pointers in terms of what to look for when dealing with an auctioneer? This is for a friend of the family who is attempting to buy a house (first time) in North Dublin. Granted, phone calls not being returned is sort of expected, but so far we have been met with misinformation, a lack of professionalism and plain incompetence, by 2 separate auctioneers. It's not that we have misinterpreted things, their communication has been really quite poor. We are slightly taken aback because we thought that they would be falling over themselves to be knowledgeable and helpful given the state of the market. Apparently not.
    They probably think it's a waste of time at the moment since your relative may not get the mortgage. I would tell your relative to wait anyway, what's the sense in buying a house in a falling market?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

She got loan approval over a year ago. That's not the problem. But yeah, I suppose it's a bit of a waiting game..

Advertisement