Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Article on TTC and worrying?

• 29-09-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Me and the missus and been trying ttc for the past year without any luck. I just got tested and everything is fine, so the wife is up next, but the problem we're having that she is worrying about everything.. times, cycles, periods, this test that test...she is getting very very stressed about the whole thing !! does anyone have an article that shows the problems that comes with worrying too much that I can show her?. Doc, friend, family all say relax but she cant so I need to show her somthing to help her relax but cant find anything !!

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm not sure that's gonna help to be honest.

It's a bit like when you're lying in bed....and the amount of time you're gonna sleep for is dwindling and dwindling....and you think to yourself.....

"Jesus...I need to hurry up and get to sleep"

and of course, that's why you can't.

Reading an article that says you need to relax is likely (IMO anyway) to induce a similar feeling of "jesus...I need to relax or it'll cause problems!".

Maybe investigate ways to help relaxation? A holiday if you have the funds for it. Massaging at home is always a good one. I dunno, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cheers for the reply. We have been away five times this year so another wont help her :-)

Yea, ill try and think of somthing else to help her unwind. thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭calahans

I dont think that showing her an article about the effects of worrying will help her worry less.

Ifs difficult but talking about her worries is probably the best thing. Does she talk about it to her pals? Do you know anyone in the same boat (most people do)

Can you not worry about it? It will help her if you dont make a big deal about it.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mrs Smith

Hi there, just after reading your message. I could really recommend that your wife tries accupuncture, apart from the fact that it can help when you are ttc, but it is extremely relaxing too and might help to alleviate the stress that your wife is feeling. I can recommend someone in the Navan area if you want to PM me.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement