Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 EARLY

Options
  • 29-09-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick a copy of Fifa up early (before friday). There might be a shop near you that releases games early or you might work in gamestop or extra vision and may be able to help me out.
    Cheers lads/girls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

you could try harvey normans on thursday, they're after selling a few games early like batman arkham asylum. i think it does differ from each store but thats where ill be trying on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Last year it broke thursday everywhere I would expect the same this year I hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hoping for the best. I work in a game shop and I just keep thinking "we could be that store!". Apparently not though. Will be keeping an eager eye out!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 43 alicaffrey

mailrewop wrote: »
    you could try harvey normans on thursday, they're after selling a few games early like batman arkham asylum. i think it does differ from each store but thats where ill be trying on thursday

Any Idea what Harvey Norman it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

alicaffrey wrote: »
    Any Idea what Harvey Norman it was.

i got it in waterford but i think it depends on the store some might have it and others wont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 alicaffrey

Has any one had any luck today in getting Fifa early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Tesco have been known to jump the gun; especially if you know someone working there. In my experience they seem to have a "what's the big deal" attitude to sellin somethin a day or two early.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You might have a bit more luck asking on the Pro Evo & FIFA forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to the PES/FIFA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭daherlihy

I was in GAME today - they said they'll only release it on Thursday if GameStop (example) do likewise, however won't go by hear-say or word-of-mouth from anyone calling into them, they'll actually send a staff member go wherever is selling it early, to see if they can buy a copy themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Dyaso

i got mine yesterday. my employer got our stock yesterday and i took the game home,but have to pay for it friday. irish leaderboards have 50+ people on it so people are getting their hands on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Time to go scouting the shops tomorow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Well lads, anyone spotted it out in the wild yet?

I will go check blanch this morning - down there there is Smyths, HMV, Game, Gamestop, Argos & Xtravision so maybe one of them will be selling it early and the rest will follow suit. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

If anyone finds anywhere in dublin selling today it'd be brilliant if they could let us know! Im dying to get my hands on a copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Arciphel wrote: »
    Well lads, anyone spotted it out in the wild yet?

I will go check blanch this morning - down there there is Smyths, HMV, Game, Gamestop, Argos & Xtravision so maybe one of them will be selling it early and the rest will follow suit. ;)

Let us know won't you, i'm all ready to hop on the ol 39!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 isparky

lads just to let you know i checked the smyths site and they are listing it as in stock and available for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone tried gamestop yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone tried gamestop yet?

Im gonna ring couple places in square talla in few mins its closest place to where i live and they tend to sell games early alot i got batman on thursday when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

My girlfriend works in gamestop and she told me they will be releasing it today/afternoon so have a look there first, either way i'll be getting my copy tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

If anyone hears about Gamestop clonmel releasing it early please post. I'm going away for 2 weeks tomorrow morning & would like a few games of it before i go.

• Advertisement

Irishcrx wrote: »
    My girlfriend works in gamestop and she told me they will be releasing it today/afternoon so have a look there first, either way i'll be getting my copy tonight!

Sweet.I have it pre-ordered so that might make them more likely to give it to me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Will they release it early in all branches?

Usually when one does,the rest follow suit.

isparky wrote: »
    lads just to let you know i checked the smyths site and they are listing it as in stock and available for collection

And going by what the website says, if you go in and its not on the shelves after it saying so on the website, they'll give you a €10 voucher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 isparky

And going by what the website says, if you go in and its not on the shelves after it saying so on the website, they'll give you a €10 voucher!

yeah just saw that now too, might give it a go later on and see if its there

Only when you reserve it though.
    Go Online and print out the ‘Reserve & Collect’ Guarantee. A copy will be sent to your email immediately.

Print out your ‘Reserve & Collect’ receipt and bring it to your chosen store.

Your chosen item will be available on the shelf if you visit the store anytime today or tomorrow.

If the stock is not on the shelf, please contact a member of the store staff who will be happy to locate your product.

Receive a €10 Gift Voucher if for any reason the item is not available to purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Nothing on the shelves yet in Blanch i'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Soby wrote: »
    Only when you reserve it though.

Yup, and there's no link to reserve it on the page.

Yup, and there's no link to reserve it on the page.

Theres no link for any game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Arciphel wrote: »
    Nothing on the shelves yet in Blanch i'm afraid!

Bugger. Thanks for reporting back anyway :)

Advertisement