Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on in Drom today??

Options
  • 29-09-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I just caught the end of paul collins on today fm this morning and he was on about the final being in Drom at 4.30. does anyone know what competition this is??

thanks

Comments

Where is the Drom?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's Salthill Devon's grounds. Been years since I was there, I just remember it being very nicely laid out and on top of a hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I just heard the end of it too. Mentioned Trapatonis name so he could be there. Busker Brownes was mentioned as well as some sort of after party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

some college's final

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

could be freshers soccer tourno or interprovinicial games with club players playing for there provinces,thats due to b played in drom soon.best club training ground in the country by far.watch the conveyor belt of talent emerge in next few years.some achievement for club side and great to have this in galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

howyanow wrote: »
    best club training ground in the country by far.watch the conveyor belt of talent emerge in next few years.some achievement for club side and great to have this in galway.
    Amazing what a few million euros in grants can do.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Before anyone jumps down my throat, I realise a lot of hard work goes into it, but my I will not retract my comment.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

True partly grant aided, but they had to apply for it.

Not a soccer fan, but fair play to them.
    Vision/ Dream/ Reality

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

they had foresight,fundraised for twenty years to buy millars lane and bought the place in drom bout 15 years ago as something for the future if the numbers grew in underage.sold millars lane to galway city and got capital sports grant.at least someones trying,they get grants in the gaeltacht for going to the toilet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Don't get me started about the Millar's Lane sale...

Advertisement