Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V Italy Photo Comp

• 29-09-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Is there any interest in having a Photo Comp for this game like to one we had for the Bulgaria game!

Same rules apply, Images sent to me, and posted in one thread and a poll created for a week!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Ah, why not? Count me in. I'll be happy enough with 2nd place again, but I'll be striving for 1st this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Paulw wrote: »
    Ah, why not? Count me in. I'll be happy enough with 2nd place again, but I'll be striving for 1st this time.

Good man Paul!

Should be a good expeirience heard the Italian Photographers are coming in force, must tell them that I used to work for the Gezetto De La Lucan!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

i'll be happy with 2nd myself :) but also happy to get a pass too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'll be out to top my 1 vote from last time ... especially as I later found out the vote was given to my pic in error :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I didnt do the last one - can we get the rules posted up (will be good to put some names to the faces)

*Got told I have my passes for Italy and Montenegro games :D Woo hoo :D

• Advertisement

Rules???

1 entry per person.
    Image must be taken at the event.
    No identification of photographer permitted in the image
    Images submitted to Dodgykeeper by email, and he'll post them up for voting.

I think those are the rules?

My accreditation has also been approved for both games.

My accreditation has also been approved for both games.

So has mine!

As you will notice the powers that be have decided to move this thread here where it will not be seen, if you dont agree with this decision send them a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Well it would be rude not to take part!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I'll have a cut at this as well. Will you PM me your email address Fergus?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭derokid

Ah Bugger....

Cant get a ticket never mind one of these passes for photographers!!!!
    So I'll have to sit this one out.... Unless some of ye guys need a "Runner" all I can offer is a secure parking space opposite croker..... and a warm cup of tea straight after the match...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irlphily82

How would one go about getting a photographers pass for these matches? I'm new to photography and want to try my hand out at sports photography

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭opti76

im in too if i can get the time off work to travel.

irlphily82 wrote: »
    How would one go about getting a photographers pass for these matches? I'm new to photography and want to try my hand out at sports photography

With great difficulty, especially if you're new to sports photography.

My advice - start out with your local football team at your local pitch, and build up experience of shooting sport before you even consider trying to get accreditation for international football.

So far we have nine Entrants:

Shepthedog
    Paulw
    Dodgykeeper
    Irish147
    Saint Mel
    PC Photo
    whyulittle
    Ballyman
    OPTI76

Images need to be Mailed to me @ fergusmcnally@gmail.com before 12 pm on Monday 12th Oct, Poll will then be posted and left open for one week.

(anybody else that wants to enter please feel free)

Only one Image per person, image must be taken in Croke Park and be deemed to be a Sports Photograph. May the best Photographer win!

Looks like it will be a nice sunny day, and rain free night

Time to get the film into the camera now ;);)

Hope to get a image or two tonight ;)

I've been able to get a 400mm f/2.8 for tonight. I just hope the rain stays away. It's looking dull and damp out.

Just going to pack my bags now. See you all there shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

my monies on pcphoto sure he has the beast 600mm :)

Well, I've now submitted my entry.

Roll on the voting.

Well, I've now submitted my entry.

Roll on the voting.

I will send my pic in tonight

still have to look at them

had two GAA finals here in wexford work on now :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 atstan13

Hi,

My name is Stan and was introduced to your board by Paul Walsh............hope you don't think I'm rude (especially when I've never made a posting yet) but would it be OK if I submitted a photo too?

I don't expect to even get a vote, but I'm very thick skinned :-) at least I think I am.

Managed to get my first gig at Croker and will be there again Wednesday too .........woo hoo as they say.

Cheers
    Stan

• Advertisement

atstan13 wrote: »
    Hi,

My name is Stan and was introduced to your board by Paul Walsh............hope you don't think I'm rude (especially when I've never made a posting yet) but would it be OK if I submitted a photo too?

I don't expect to even get a vote, but I'm very thick skinned :-) at least I think I am.

Managed to get my first gig at Croker and will be there again Wednesday too .........woo hoo as they say.

Cheers
    Stan

Fire Away Stan!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

Hi Dodgykeeper, I was also there with Stan on wednesday.. Would you mind if I submitted one aswell?
    -Tommy
    Fire Away Stan!

No Probs! more the merrier

Deadline extended until 4 pm today.

Hi Dodgykeeper, I was also there with Stan on wednesday.. Would you mind if I submitted one aswell?
    -Tommy
    Hi,

My name is Stan

Are ye the two lads I asked who scored Irelands first goal? Sitting at the Hill16 end?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

Ballyman wrote: »
    Are ye the two lads I asked who scored Irelands first goal? Sitting at the Hill16 end?

I was at the hill 16 yes but I cant remember anyone asking me who had scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 atstan13

Hi Ballyman,

That was me (Wearing the yellow Bafana Bafana beanie) .....gonna be there again Wednesday so say hi ............I'll be wearing a "13" Montenegro shirt for the night (under my jacket of course) and gonna have a few pints after (to celebrate coming last in the photo competition)

Stan

Hi Ballyman,

That was me (Wearing the yellow Bafana Bafana beanie) .....gonna be there again Wednesday so say hi ............I'll be wearing a "13" Montenegro shirt for the night (under my jacket of course) and gonna have a few pints after (to celebrate coming last in the photo competition)

Stan

Howdy!

I'll be there as well Wednesday night so see you then.

Advertisement