Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Ballivor

Options
  • 29-09-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey,

I'm from Cavan originally but now living in Dublin. I work mostly in Dublin (Dublin 15) but sometimes need to travel to Newbridge and Athlone. I'm looking at a house in Ballivor. I've done a few trial runs and searched on Google Map to find approximate timings but can anyone tell me how long, and what route, should I take to these destinations.

BJC

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

bjc_dublin wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm from Cavan originally but now living in Dublin. I work mostly in Dublin (Dublin 15) but sometimes need to travel to Newbridge and Athlone. I'm looking at a house in Ballivor. I've done a few trial runs and searched on Google Map to find approximate timings but can anyone tell me how long, and what route, should I take to these destinations.

BJC

Quickest way to Dublin 15 - Rathmolyon > Summerhill > Dunboyne onto the N3, it'd take maybe 40 mins or so? Takes me 40mins to get from Ballivor to N4/M50 roundabout

Athlone is simple enough, just go to Kinnegad and head along the N6. This would take about an hour.

The route suggested by Google Maps for Ballivor - Newbridge would also be the quickest way. Seems to take the backroads but you'll get used to them.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ballivor&daddr=newbridge&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=53.487841,-6.726379&sspn=0.061078,0.181789&ie=UTF8&ll=53.482121,-6.966019&spn=0.122173,0.363579&z=12. I've driven the Kilcock way via Clane and it's grand too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bjc_dublin

Thanks for that... doesn't seem too bad now

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hey there, Ballivor a grand little town, worth considering. The Rathmolyon, Summerhill Dunboyne route is the shortest route by mileage alrite, but i usually (in winter esp) prefer the Trim Batterstown route for better roads and about same time 40-45mins to Clonsilla/Blanch.
    Hope this helps, let us know how you get on
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

was huge anti social problems in ballivor with "hoodies" be warned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Macker1

was huge anti social problems in ballivor with "hoodies" be warned

Can you please elaborate on that comment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement