Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thing to do in ballina?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

hey i am thinking of booking a couple of days in ballina but not sure what is in it. dad said its mostly hill walking but is there more to it? id be interested in shopping more so, is there a good amount of shooping to do for me and the gf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I think most people who live in Ballina do their "important" non-grocery shopping in Sligo or Castlebar...more so Sligo!!!
    I'm from Belfast, though am a frequent visitor to Ballina so maybe I am wrong with the statement above!!!
    I suppose there are enough shops to keep you amused for a few hours...but I wouldn't say it is a town that attracts people to shop!!! :)
    Attraction-wise...Enniscrone beach is a 15 minute drive from Ballina...you could have a seaweed bath there...you have Belleek Forest...there is a cosy wee cinema...plenty of friendly bars...lively bars at the weekend such as Brennans Lane, Broken Jug, Crockets...very nice restaurant in The Market Kitchen above Brennans Lane bar!!!
    If you live in a city like I do then Ballina is a nice wee town retreat!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

much appreciated Paul4As :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

thorbarry wrote: »
    hey i am thinking of booking a couple of days in ballina but not sure what is in it. dad said its mostly hill walking but is there more to it? id be interested in shopping more so, is there a good amount of shooping to do for me and the gf?

You can forget about coming to Ballina for shopping. Nothing here that is not already in Castlebar and Sligo.

But there are some good hotels around if you want to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

zero shoppin in ballina..sligo 45min drive though..enniscrone is lovely with beach n treacys to provide best breakfast in sligo..ceide fields is about 50 mins in ballycastle..lots of fishin but presume season over..lots of lovely walks though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Get yourself out to Ballycastle!! tis the place to be if your a jackeen like me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement