Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch 1.3.2 notes

Options
  • 29-09-2009 2:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/patchnotes/index.php?id=2009_1-3-2#_59

No more forts, more emphasis on keeps instead, new starting experience with automatic membership of a newbie only guild.

Oh, and it can now run on machines with more than 32 processors in case you were worried about that one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wow, they really changed up Tier 1 didnt they?? Just looking from the RvR changes:

-All Champion-con Battlefield Objective guards in Tier 1 have been reduced to Core difficulty. As a result, players will find it easier to capture undefended battlefield objectives in Tier 1.
    -The Lost Lagoon Battlefield Objective in Norsca has been removed.
    -All new characters that join the Realm of Destruction will now begin the game in the Chaos starting area, no matter their race.
    -All new characters that join the Realm of Order will now begin the game in the Empire starting area, no matter their race.

The last 2 intrigue me. Will the other 2 pairings be abandoned (well, abandoned MORE) in favour of going solely through Chaos vs Empire?

Also nice to see all "stun" effects have been toned down, might bring a bit of joy to most players in the higher tiers where they dominate combats. And the Maraudeers/ Shadow Warriors/ Magii got some love too.

More patches like this (and a half decent computer) would have me jumping back in for a month or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    -The Lost Lagoon Battlefield Objective in Norsca has been removed.
    -All new characters that join the Realm of Destruction will now begin the game in the Chaos starting area, no matter their race.
    -All new characters that join the Realm of Order will now begin the game in the Empire starting area, no matter their race.

The last 2 intrigue me. Will the other 2 pairings be abandoned (well, abandoned MORE) in favour of going solely through Chaos vs Empire?

I really don't get this, the greenskin starting area is excellent, it shouldn't be brushed aside. I can only suppose that this is a response to low populations.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I haven't played WAR since my sub ran out in June. Has the game changed for the better since then? Specifically talking about the end game and pvp in general. I was on Karak Azgal. Is there any life about that server these days?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I haven't played WAR since my sub ran out in June. Has the game changed for the better since then? Specifically talking about the end game and pvp in general. I was on Karak Azgal. Is there any life about that server these days?

The recent patches have made substantial changes, but whether they're coming fast enough to make a difference remains to be seen. Karak Azgal remains busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

I play on Azgal in a guild called New Dawn. Destruction side. Its an active guild that does a lot of organised RvR with its alliance and also does Totvl and BB/BWE runs etc. If your interested check us out or whisper me. My characters name is Eurax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement