Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fas Pc Maintenance Course

Options
  • 29-09-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Fas run a 5 week pc maintenance evening course, twice a wk. But they are unable to tell me the awarding body which leads me to believe its not FETAC. Can anyone tell me if its a good starter course, is it tough and is it recognised if I wanted to continue down this line in future ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Unable to tell you, strange. You are better off going for the A+ IT Technician course, it will be recognized world wide and a great place to start, at one time FAS were offering funding for the course of up to 75%, maybe look into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elkido9

Ya it just says awarding body n/a on their computers and rang them twice and they are to get back to me again. Would I want to do this though as a pre req or a guide before going any further ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I would suspect that there is no awarding body as there is no certification.

Is there much point doing it so do you think ? It would be a great help for the more complicated courses would it though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Barrypr wrote: »
    Unable to tell you, strange. You are better off going for the A+ IT Technician course, it will be recognized world wide and a great place to start, at one time FAS were offering funding for the course of up to 75%, maybe look into that!

they are even doing it for free in some places now. i am doing it in galway through fas with new horizons. great course. couldnt find the code now, but the next stage is the network +, and the code for it is here.
    http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=32362_6&SERVICE=CRITERIUMBROWSE&COURSE_CODE=L52&TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_TRAIN_CRITERIUM_BROWSE.HTM&ROW=3&BACK=TEMPLATE%3DWWW_JS_TRAIN_CRITERIUM_OVERVIEW.HTM

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

Advertisement