Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio to Midi - Ableton 8

Options
  • 29-09-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

This might seem like a stupid question but I'm new to this so bare with me. Is it possible to take an audio clip and effectively turn it into an instrument for play on your keyboard? I've been able to slice the audio to midi but nothing else. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

drop the audio into a blank instance of simpler, and then work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beatpoet

Really depends on the audio, if you're slicing it sounds like you have a loop or a phrase of some sort ?

If you have Sampler you can import the best phrases into it and build an instrument from there, you'll need to tune your samples etc. and stretch them over their natural range across the keyboard to play.

As the last poster said you can just take one 'slice' and pull it into Simpler and 'play' that, depends on the source material and what you're after though.

Advertisement