Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you buy a Gunsafe at Birr?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I was at the Ploughing last week, and was on a stand for an outfit selling Dutch made gun safes. WWW. gunsafeshop.co.uk
    They quote a delivery time of about 6 weeks. I see from their website, that they were at Birr Game fair. Did anyone on here buy one, and has it been delivered yet? I put a deposit on a smallish model, so am on tenterhooks at the moment! Mack in Cavan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

dont worry he is sound.
    i bought a safe off him 3 years ago when they were marked hunter safes, and my buddy bought 1 off him last tuesday and it was delivered sat night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Thanks Brieny100, it puts my mind at rest to know they are OK. The guy refused a cheque for the deposit, stating that it would cost €18 to get it cashed to his acount. So I was a little skeptical. Mack in Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You're still only at 4 wks - but might be no harm to make a call and ask about the status of the delivery - all nice and calmly ! :D

PS hope you got a receipt for your CASH deposit

Hi LB6, yeah, got a reciept OK, and it was only last week at the ploughing, so I'm only at week 1.
    By the way, the local guard is lamenting the new licence system, as often the only contact he has with elderly farmers etc, is the annual renewal visit to the station. Also he reackons that a licence holder can die, and up to 3 years could pass before the licence needs renewal, and who knows where the gun will be by that stage?
    Mack in Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Ah I read that wrong then - wouldn't panic just yet lol.
    The new licencing system is just in it's infancy stages and there'll be a lot of wrinkles to iron out. These will only come to light over time and will have to be dealt with as they appear. If you think something is wrong - get onto your NGB and make them aware of it - put everything in writing and date it and keep a copy.

• Advertisement

Well, if anyone out there is interested, the gun safe arrived last night. A lorry load, I estimate about 55 safes on the truck, most sold at Athy. The driver arrived at 11pm! and his next stop was in Co.Galway. It looks great, and now just have to get it bolted in.
    Mack in Cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Express delivery then :D

Express delivery then :D

Seem slike a 1 man operation, the guy was on the stand in Athy, and now that he has a load made up, drove across from Holland and is delivering by himself. Nigel

Advertisement