If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best on offer

• 29-09-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

Im thinking of changing my tv now if i get a good price or maybe around nearer to christmas. I have a 40in full hd lcd samsung which i am real happy with and have had for a good while now.
    But i wouldn mind an upgrade so my question is what is the best tv on the market and actually in shops or online that is 40-46 inchs ?? Price aint big deal once it aint over 2000.

Anyone any ideas ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Angerfist2009

We should see the new 40PFL9704 LED Pro LCD in before the end of this month. This will be well worth hanging on for.

Its LED backlit done right (in my humble opinion of course:))
    I has the LED array behind the screen not around the edges so it can locally dim or increase brightness where needed there by shooting contrast levels off the scales.....

I've seen its big bro, the 46" in action and that was amazing to watch even in a REALLY bright showroom.

Have a look at its spec's here
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9704h_12/40pfl9704h_12_pss_eng.pdf

I'm itching to get this into the shop:)

I'll confirm the price tomorrow but I believe its going to sell between €1999.99 and €2199.99 I'll narrow that down tomorrow for you and see if the release date has been set.

Hope this tempts you!

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.