Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit one spa radisson?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Is this the best spa in Galway city centre or can anyone recommend another? Looking to buy a voucher for a friend.. It sounds lovely..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Bought a voucher as a gift for someone for there before. They let it go out of date by a few weeks. Radisson stuck rigidly to their terms and conditions even though someone else was going to go with her (and pay). So they lost goodwill and good business - not the brightest!

Ever since wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Try the G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

They burnt a friends legs during a leg wax and then gave her a perfumed cream to put on them, which they swore would help, but which just flared them up even more. This was all a few days before her wedding and she had had her legs waxed many times before. They didn't handle the situation all that well either and were as nonchalent as bedamned about it.

Tbh if they can't even manage a leg wax I'd be inclined to go elsewhere. I've heard a few more hit and miss stories aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Omg no way thats shocking!!
    Might try the Marriott hotel spa instead so.
    Thanks guys for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

If you're willing to go a bit out of the city, Elysium spa in Moycullen is fantastic. Enough to even make a bikini wax an experience to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

dont go for the absolute spa in marriott. Not great at all. I had organised a double treatment room & was told no problem. Turned up & it was not possible. Was not happy with treatments with either as they lasted no where near as long as supposed too. I have been to radisson for spa treatments & have to say i have had no problems there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Hmm ok not sure now. She's expecting her first child so I was going to treat her to some spa time.. Will have to think of something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

go with the Radisson. The whole set up is very nice and relaxing. great surroundings, chill out areas etc. Staff are nice and friendly (any time I've been there), they have a big area with hot seats, steam rooms etc.

Get a voucher where she can use these as well as the massage and also use the pool. Afterwards maybe meet her for lunch upstairs. It can turn into a 1/2 day of relaxing for her instead of just a 1 hour massage.

Pop down there yourself and they should give you a tour of the place.

Re- out of date vouchers, this has happened to me before a few times (not in Radisson). Normally I just say we moved house/had a baby and the voucher was 'lost' and we just found it recently and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

you want more value for money ... why not get one of those nearl free ryanair flights to Prague and treat yrself and your friend to a proper spa overthere.

I bought a voucher for my wife for the spa in the rad, she liked it but didnt love it. Tis all a fad really, the quicker people realise this the better for themselves and their pockets.

I saw a Christmas Markets articles in yesterdays paper, Germany/Prague/Austria.

Now that would be aloot more theraputic, and im sure you cud even find a spa there in a hotel if you still wanted it

Advertisement