Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Fillable Propane Tank

Options
  • 29-09-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I just found this refillable propane tank, looks good, what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

it looks to me from the image as if the cylinder has an internal (Female) thread and will not fit the standard type of adapter sold by both Eirsoft, Airsofteire and others which require a tank with an external (male) thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Green gas IS propane.,

all be it with some lube in there.,:)

As far as I'm concern, Head Hunter is looking at using "Propane" as "Propane" which contain all "impurites" like Sulphur compounds etc. http://www.arro.ie/Products/Primus-Full-Propane-Gas-Cylinder-340g__PRM2000.aspx,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Masada is right... Green gas IS Propane, the only difference in the chemical makeup, is theres a .2% added lubricant, which you can do yourself.

Propane is PERFECTLY fine for the o rings, and Co2 would, as its of far higher pressure, be worse for his o rings... why comment if you dont know what you're talking about?

As for the tank, why bother? you can get ones of similar size without the fuss of transfering gas to it in the first place.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    Masada is right... Green gas IS Propane, the only difference in the chemical makeup, is theres a .2% added lubricant, which you can do yourself.

Propane is PERFECTLY fine for the o rings, and Co2 would, as its of far higher pressure, be worse for his o rings... why comment if you dont know what you're talking about?

As for the tank, why bother? you can get ones of similar size without the fuss of transfering gas to it in the first place.

PORTABLE ADJUSTABLE CO2 CHARGER Name Other name PSI at 21'C Kg/M2 at 21'C
    Green Gas Propane ~100 7
    Red Gas HCFC-22 ~121 8.5
    Regulated CO2 (Without liquid CO2) ~200 - 800
    CO2 (With liquid CO2) ~837 58.6

I just leave that without a comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Right...

Cheers for backing up my point...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

Where are you in Waterford, Living in Kilkenny now ( For me sins) but originally from Congress place.

Rgds.
    babyJames

Advertisement