Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modric

Options
  • 29-09-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

modric due back for game away to pompey according to harry!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_5593381,00.html

Excellent news. We've been really lucky with the timing of the International breaks as he will only have missed out on 4 games, whereas without those breaks he could have missed out on double that. Good news on Woodgate too. It would be great to get both of them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_5593381,00.html
    he wont be rushed back...maybe get on as a sub or on the bench! Dont risk him 'arry! We can beat portsmouth without him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yeah i know

imagine if we beat bolton sat and the two lads are back for the game after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great news,

Its starting to look up again. I wouldn't believe you for a second if you told me in August that we'd be in this position come October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 peterkeegan

Great news to have that dept in the squad makes for good competition for places, going to be harsh for whoever he drops for Modric though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just wondering is anyone else worried fergie is going to come looking to spend some of his 80 million on modric in january? Really hope We're flying high in the league and he stays if he does can't wait for him to come back he's an amazing player and seems to have something going with keane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Very good news indeed,lets hope woddy makes it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Our best player by a country mile imo. Playing him week in week out is worth at least 2 places in the final league table. In reality our only world class footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

its going to be interesting if Krancjar keeps playing well as he did on sat. I wouldnt mind seeing Wilson/Modric centre mid given a go with Lennon/Kran out wide.

The one thing is that it is a very attacking midfield formation with 3 of the 4 very attack minded players.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    its going to be interesting if Krancjar keeps playing well as he did on sat. I wouldnt mind seeing Wilson/Modric centre mid given a go with Lennon/Kran out wide.

The one thing is that it is a very attacking midfield formation with 3 of the 4 very attack minded players.

The Croatian national team manage to accomodate both and they do ok. For Kovac substitute Wilson and it can work. It would mean dropping Keane for me though.

• Advertisement

keane and defoe are still the preferred partnership up front. thats not going to change for a while id say

i definitely agree with keeping kranjcar on, and moving modric in field. dont think he will do it though as he loves jenas

The issue I would have with that is that Keane hasnt really been playing as a centre forward but dropping back into the hole, if Modric was playing in middle thats where he would be looking to operate and can see them crowding the space.

Personally I dont rate Jenas. Huffs and puffs but really does f**k all 90% of the time.

isnt it great to be having these debates though lads. For so many years we had a first 11 and that was it, there is competition in most places on starting 11 now.

tell me about it

i cant remember the last time (b4 end of last season) where spurs had a positive goal difference for an extended period of time :-)

starting line up for the next game will tell a lot. Keane had a stinker last time out so if Harry wants to get Crouch/defoe starting this will be his chance. Keane may be in a bit of trouble, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think crouch changes our style of play tho I'd keep keane defoe upfront with modric anywhere across the midfield

I think crouch changes our style of play tho I'd keep keane defoe upfront with modric anywhere across the midfield

I would prefer Keane up front than crouch too, crouch hasnt convinced me yet and I dont like the tendancy to revert to long ball. I just think that Keane would need to play more as an out and out centre forward than he has been.

Lads Keane was getting in the way against Bolton last week, when Luka comes back its gonna be even worse especially away from home. Keane will be taking balls that Modric should be on. The reason we have a squad is to utilise it. For me away from home Pavluchenko should start.
    He won't try to get as involved as Keane and has more pace in behind than Crouch. At home I'd start Keane and Defoe as 2 out and out strikers.
    Crouch for me is always 3rd choice whether at home or away as he gives a different option.

I don't believe for a second that Harry rates Jenas as high as some here think. Jenas is atypical of a modern day footballer, happy out just to do enough. Harry saw through this the minute he arrived, himself and Huddlestone had to double their efforts just not to be sold by Harry.

pav wont start any more games for spurs i would say and he will be gone in january and we will get in muntari and ship either bale or jenas to inter in return

we will prob play the rest of the season with 3 strikers. gio or modric could play up there if the 3 strikers got injured.

i hope modric starts in the centre, he prob makes more tackles than jenas does, not to mind the rest of his play

i wouldnt think he will start against pompey though, id say he will be given 20 mins at the end

Advertisement