Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New business....HELP!

• 29-09-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi lads,
    As the name suggests i'm starting a new business in the next few weeks, getting sick of working for 'the man'!! :p

Anyway, I have been looking at ways of providing my service at a lower cost to help me compete with larger/established organisations and am looking to outsource a small portion of my service. Obviously i need to do the main hands on work myself to ensure accuracy and a quality service but can outsource some time consuming paper work.

I'm hoping someone who has outsourced work abroad (outside of EU) to inform me of possible tax implications?

Thanks in advance for suggestions/opinions

Goingsolo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

If someone outside the EU is providing you with a service, they will invoice you and you will pay them. You will have no tax obligations in this regard, unless you are employing them as employees - then it can get complicated, as you may be liable to operate the relevant country's payroll deductions.

The only issues you may have that I can think of are data protection issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭davemac83

I am also in the process of starting my own business and do plan to outsource a very small percentage of my work too. Taxing times, when you say data protection issues I presume that a non-disclosure agreement would suffice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

To be honest, I don't know much about data protection, but am aware that I have a legal obligation regarding my client's data, and have to make sure that this is not available to anyone else.

You would need to take legal advice on this, if you are giving your client's/customer's data to someone else.

Advertisement