Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SW:TOR beta sign up !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sites down already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

argh geif site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

MAINTENANCE

Thank you for visiting www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. We are making adjustments to the site due to the overwhelming response to the testing announcement. Please be patient and check back later. We estimate that the site will be back up in the next few hours.

Danke für Deinen Besuch auf www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.de. Wir nehmen aufgrund des überwältigenden Zuspruchs zur Ankündigung des Spieltests zur Zeit einige Änderungen an der Seite vor. Wir bitten Euch um Geduld, und später noch einmal vorbei zu schauen. Wir nehmen an, dass die Seite in den nächsten Stunden wieder online sein wird.

Merci de visiter www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.fr. Nous sommes en train d’effectuer des réalignements du site à la suite de l’impressionnante réponse à l’annonce du test. Nous vous prions de vous patienter et de revisiter le site plus tard. Nous supposons qu’il sera de nouveau en ligne dans les prochaines heures.

not a snowballs chance in hell of getting into it, go buy some lotto tickets.

if your not in ya cant win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

why rush to play an unfinished bugged game?

I never understood why everybody goes nuts for beta, your just gonna have to start over :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus, their site is a piece of ****. Maybe its just me, but i'm not able to sign up for the beta. Get some stupid warning:array_shift error messages when entering my details in the account setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

nix wrote: »

I never understood why everybody goes nuts for beta, your just gonna have to start over :rolleyes:

hmmm....I have to agree with you Nix, i just don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

nix wrote: »

Well,
    • you get to play a free game,
    • sometimes your input can go into the game,
    • for those who actually test the game instead of just signing up to play the game you get the enormous sense of well-being for helping out :D,
    • most open beta tests these days are for tiny bugs and load testing the servers so the games are fairly functional,
    • you get to decide if it's worth paying money for when it's released (you usually won't get a trial for a game until about a year after it's released).
    • it's a Knights Of The Old Republic MMO, so people just want to play it as soon as they can
    • starting over isn't always a problem as people will enjoy exploring new characters when a game starts up. The beta will let them test which works best for them and then they'll be ready for the real game
    • some beta's give rewards for people who were in them, such as being allowed to reserve a name, or maybe perks or special items that nobody else gets.

There's many more reasons which will differ from person to person. If you're interested in this MMO, I can't see why you wouldn't sign up for the beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

humanji wrote: »
    Well,
    • you get to play a free game,
    • sometimes your input can go into the game,
    • for those who actually test the game instead of just signing up to play the game you get the enormous sense of well-being for helping out :D,
    • most open beta tests these days are for tiny bugs and load testing the servers so the games are fairly functional,
    • you get to decide if it's worth paying money for when it's released (you usually won't get a trial for a game until about a year after it's released).
    • it's a Knights Of The Old Republic MMO, so people just want to play it as soon as they can
    • starting over isn't always a problem as people will enjoy exploring new characters when a game starts up. The beta will let them test which works best for them and then they'll be ready for the real game
    • some beta's give rewards for people who were in them, such as being allowed to reserve a name, or maybe perks or special items that nobody else gets.

There's many more reasons which will differ from person to person. If you're interested in this MMO, I can't see why you wouldn't sign up for the beta.

Oh i fully understand people wanting to help and checking for bugs and what not, im all thumbs up for that.. but lets face it. 90% of the people that go into beta dont help out too much, unless in the form of a whine. And im basing that, on absolutley nothing.

In regards to checking to see if you like the game, surely beta testing isnt the place to check out what a game has to offer/integrity etc as it wont be complete/polished.

I'm dying to play this game, but i would never go into beta as its wasted time as far as charatcer progression goes, and it tends to spoil the whole experience for me :(

But meh, thats just me :)

Ah I get what you're saying completely. I'm generally of two minds when a beta comes up. Part of me is like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, wanting everything now! The more mature and reasoned side will think how you do and will want me to wait for the finished product. Luckily beer shuts up that side of me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Stupid signup keeps looping back to the agreement page after the system test:mad: Anyone else having problems?

It did that for me and when I tried it again, it worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

when i tired it kept bringing me back to account signup page and the name i picked was gone \o/

got signed up there the other day. at least my name is down now if i get selected or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Signed up.

Kinda hope I actually don't get picked, this game will take over my life!

Advertisement