Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiorentina vs. Liverpool Match Thread [mod warning post #92]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that was a peno on torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I had a post in here only a few minutes ago about Stevie G maybe getting a moment of magic to drag them back and how positive it is at least that Aurelio took corners tonight....now it's gone???

Deleted?

Will this be deleted?

Do I get a warning or something? What was inappropriate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

yes. Kuyt, who is closing in on Rush's European Cup scoring record. Many of those from RW. He's mediocre ("at CL level"). P*ss off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

this match just about somes up lucas , shame your missing masch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

yes. Kuyt, who is closing in on Rush's European Cup scoring record. Many of those from RW. He's mediocre. P*ss off

kyut = ian rush, ok.

I think I've heard enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

8-10 wrote: »

Do I get a warning or something? What was inappropriate?

It was deleted because it quoted and responded to another post which has since been deleted, one which served no purpose other than to inflame this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

this match sums up liverpools chances this season... much ado...
    they havent particularly had any great chances. but I will give them they are scrapping to get a goal. Fiorentina lads so experienced though.

ntlbell wrote: »
    kyut = ian rush, ok.

I think I've heard enough.

can you not read? where did i say that? I stated a fact. That he's nearing a rush record.

we need a goal sharpish.

I expected torres to finish that off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

torres is shocking narky when things arent goin his way, isnt he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

dont care still super player not getting much 2nite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fiorentina 6-1 to score next goal, I think I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It was deleted because it quoted and responded to another post which has since been deleted, one which served no purpose other than to inflame this thread.

I still think I made points unrelated to the quoted part which were valid. Expecially as Gerrard just took over taking corners from Aurelio on the near side and failed to clear the first man. Only like 1 or 2 lines was a response.

I'm not a supporter of either team by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

:rolleyes:

If you have anything of value to add you can PM me to discuss it, since you are happy to complain about the behaviour of other posters in dragging this thread off-topic I'd have hoped you'd appreciate the effort we put in to try keep this trouble free. Obviously not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

event wrote: »
    torres is shocking narky when things arent goin his way, isnt he?

He is but Rooney is the same. You wouldn't want them to lose that bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

thecross1 wrote: »
    dont care still super player not getting much 2nite

I'd watch him all day, his movement is out of this world.

totally agree his movement is great but defenders are all round him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

8-10 wrote: »
    I still think I made points unrelated to the quoted part which were valid. Expecially as Gerrard just took over taking corners from Aurelio on the near side and failed to clear the first man. Only like 1 or 2 lines was a response.

I'm not a supporter of either team by the way.

Dont worry about your post being deleted 8-10, you did make good points. The post you quoted was im sure the problem. Enjoy the rest of the match and forget about it would be my advice.

come on torres ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I think a win is a bit much to hope for now! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Babel is whole new player when hes not picked on the left.

They should have left Voronin where he was, he's rubbish.

a goal would be nice now

come on gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Off topic but some trivia.

Cesare Prandelli the Fiorentina coach played in the European Cup final in 1985 coming on as a sub for Juventus in 84 minute.

Great display by Fiorentina especially in the first half. What has Benitez wasted his money on? Skrtel? Lucas? Insua? Babel? Johnson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You know I always thought using the ignore button was childish and petty, but reading this thread has made me think again.

Tonight is bitterly disappointing and it's not the kind of result we need heading to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

great win for Fiorentina,really deserved the win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Glen Johnson what a waster... Liverpool are becoming more predictable.. stop Gerard in the centre... Get into Torres head and rattle him.. and stop the full backs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Liverpool much improved second half.

If they had of got one, they would have at least drawn level if not won it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Well done Fiorentine. My work here is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Best team on the night won, no question. Poor performance in many different respects, and once we went two down in that environment it was always going to be tough. Not much else to say, nights like this will come along every so often.

crap performance.

Still, it wouldn't be the CL group stages if we weren't rubbish for 3 or 4 games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Tonight is bitterly disappointing and it's not the kind of result we need heading to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

funny enough i fancy a liverpool win on sunday. liverpool will qualify easily anyway but maybe in 2nd spot which will mean a potentially tricky game in knockout round.

the result was bad but the way we played was shocking

Glen Johnson what a waster...

Have you watched him at all this season.....? Stop dribbling on your keyboard for fúck sake! Someone get this man a bib.

Fair play to Fiorentina, deserved to say the least. Much better in the 2nd half but nothing in midfield.

Well goodnight.

• Advertisement

Florinto's defence was very solid particulaly second half when liverfpool played some good football. Liverpool lacking in midfield and defence tonight, still think they willl struggle defensively against the better opposition this season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Disapointing I didn't see the first half but from everything I hear we were thoroughly dominated - second half we were pretty dominant but toothless.

far from the end of the world, far from proof that some of our players aren't good enough.

Huge game coming up at the weekend so once the players put this out of there mind, hopefully masch will be fit maybe agger can make the squad - we'll be able to get back on track fairly lively.

The kuyt bashing is just pure ridiculous but hey that's what we've come to expect here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

A disappointing 1st half performance, would have hoped for a draw but we didn't get a early 2nd half goal. Not a good night, but fair play to Fiorentina, a decent and hardworking side, easy to see why they're doing well so far in Serie A. Onwards and upwards, its going to be a tight group.

Glen Johnson what a waster... Liverpool are becoming more predictable.. stop Gerard in the centre... Get into Torres head and rattle him.. and stop the full backs...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

should tell that to the defenses we've scored over 20 goals in 7 PL games against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

jaykay74 wrote: »
    funny enough i fancy a liverpool win on sunday. liverpool will qualify easily anyway but maybe in 2nd spot which will mean a potentially tricky game in knockout round.

liverpool will struggle to qualify now actually, fiorentina now have debrecen home and away next two games, thats them on 9 points, liverpool have lyon home and away next, on that performance how many points do you see them getting, nothing in lyon for one; liverpool now need to win every game, maybe allowing for a draw in lyon, including beating fiorentina by at least 3 goals at anfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

No two ways about it, there is something seriously wrong in the defence. Rafa needs to have the courage to make the hard decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Liverpool much improved second half.

If they had of got one, they would have at least drawn level if not won it imo.

Better Second half definitely. Can't see the other 2 teams winning there either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Credit to Fiorentina, they played great football in the first half and defended really well in the second.

We are badly missing Mascherano in my opinion. If hes not at his best, its up to Rafa to get him back to his best. Lucas is not playing so well that he is undroppable, and I think he should be dropped as soon as Macherano is fit to play. Im not just basing that on tonights performance...

Also feel Babel has earned a start at this stage (but please, not on the left). Maybe not against Chelsea, but certainly in one of the other league games.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Utter respect to Fiorentina (sitting 2 pts off top of Serie A BTW), they were superb. Liverpool were shocking but I think Fiorentina's display played a big part in that. They had one of those nights you would love your club to have, everything just clicked. The passing was slick, the defending strong, and the counter attacking was fearless.

Liverpool had one of those nights that you dread as a club supporter, nothing worked, nothing clicked, they were like fudge, and they happened to be facing a team who had a stormer.

The only thing I'm grateful for is that that performance happened tonight, and not Sunday. Hopefully it will serve as a wake up call that beating Hull 6-1 while nice does not make everything rosy in the garden.

Tusky wrote: »

Also feel Babel has earned a start at this stage (but please, not on the left). Maybe not against Chelsea, but certainly in one of the other league games.

Who do you sacrifice?

Kuyt...? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rossie1977 wrote: »
    liverpool will struggle to qualify now actually, fiorentina now have debrecen home and away next two games, thats them on 9 points, liverpool have lyon home and away next, on that performance how many points do you see them getting, nothing in lyon for one; liverpool now need to win every game, maybe allowing for a draw in lyon, including beating fiorentina by at least 3 goals at anfield

lol, no. It is very rare indeed for 12 points+ to not get you out of a Champions League group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Why are you quoting someone elses post to look like I posted it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Bad display all round from the lads. Good to get it out of the way early in the group. Not all that worried as it was just one of those nights nothing was going to go right. Roll on Chelsea :)

Hmmm, Cascarino "doing a Dunphy" and listing off the donkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement