Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers Vs Sevilla, Champions Leage 29/9/09

• 29-09-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

Rangers welcome back midfielder Pedro Mendes after the Portuguese served a domestic suspension.

Steven Davis is available and defender Sasa Papac hopes to play despite a hamstring strain. Steven Smith may deputise if Papac fails to recover.

Sevilla's Argentine quartet of winger Diego Perotti, defender Federico Fazio and midfielders Aldo Duscher and Lautaro Acosta are out through injury.

Fredi Kanoute is expected to partner Luis Fabiano up front.

Another victory for anti football this evening? Or the complete and utter pounding we have been asking for for a while?
    Who knows! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Usual post from me.... "Good luck Ran... Ra... Rang...".

Sorry, still can't say it! ;)

Enjoy anyway. Is it on el-cheapo TV?

0-0 or 1-0 Seville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Seville for me 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

PauloMN wrote: »
    Usual post from me.... "Good luck Ran... Ra... Rang...".

Sorry, still can't say it! ;)

Enjoy anyway. Is it on el-cheapo TV?

Nah, unfortunately Rangers fans are a casualty of the fall out between ITV and STV, none of the games will be shown outwith Sky.

Unfortunately i couldnt afford the 100 quid asked for the 3 match package so im just gonna have to go to the pub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How much will you spend in six trips to the pub?

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    How much will you spend in six trips to the pub?

I'll spend no more than a tenner tonight Des, im not going out to get hammered, simply going to view the game.

So 60 quid, for 6 games, spread over 12 weekss, as opposed to 100 quid i didnt have when the 3 match packages went on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Talked to a few of the Sevilla fans in Central Station this evening, showed them the way to Ibrox and wished them luck for tonight. I should be employed by the city PR people as I kept saying how great their own city is and they should get back to Spain with a smile on their face :)

Des - Eirebear talked about the 3 match package therefore there are only 3 trips to the pub to replace not buying the home package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Eirebear wrote: »
    im not going out to get hammered

but some team might!!!

Tonight is a tough one for Rangers.
    Sevilla have started so well and in a different season would be top of the Spanish League - it just so happens Barca and Real have had such unbelievable start!!
    Rangers havent scored for a while - by law of averages they should get one tonight....
    1-2

I should be employed by the city PR people

Well, considering that would come down to the Council...your certainly qualified for the job ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rangers: McGregor, Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Davis, McCulloch, Mendes, Rothen, Thomson, Naismith.
    Subs: Alexander, Smith, Boyd, Miller, Fleck, Little, Novo.

Sevilla: Palop, Squillaci, Fernando Navarro, Escude, Lolo, Adriano Correia, Jesus Navas, Zokora, Konko, Luis Fabiano, Kanoute.
    Subs: Javi Varas, Dragutinovic, Sergio Sanchez, Renato, Diego Capel, Romaric, Negredo.
    Referee: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Sevilla's bench is very very good, Renato, Diego Capel, Romaric, Negredo could all easily be starters and the team would be just as strong. Impressive team really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

eZe^ wrote: »
    Sevilla's bench is very very good, Renato, Diego Capel, Romaric, Negredo could all easily be starters and the team would be just as strong. Impressive team really.

yap

they're a joy to watch with likes of Adriano bombing down the wings and they have one of the best strikers around in Fabiano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Headshot wrote: »
    yap

they're a joy to watch with likes of Adriano bombing down the wings and they have one of the best strikers around in Fabiano

Think Negredo will play ahead of him more times than not this season.

Hoping for emphatic Sevilla win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Think Negredo will play ahead of him more times than not this season.

Hoping for emphatic Sevilla win.

And I hope your wrong :p

Rangers should have had a peno tbh, Sevilla not in the 1st half much.

Need a win here.

:D:D:D:D

1-0 Sevilla rangers being robbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

From the BBC

'2049: Let's get one thing straight: Rangers should 100% have been awarded a first-half penalty for the foul on Steven Naismith. It was as cast-iron as you get.'

Ooohhh, I love controversial European nights

From the BBC

'2049: Let's get one thing straight: Rangers should 100% have been awarded a first-half penalty for the foul on Steven Naismith. It was as cast-iron as you get.'

Ooohhh, I love controversial European nights

Konko foulded him then scored. Can see Rangers scoring tbh

And thats that 2-0 sevilla Adriano

was scared there for a bit, should qualify now with 2 wins vs Unirea :)

4-0 now running rampant kanoute and Fabiano get one each.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Well done Sevilla.. Great night of results

Well, that was heartbreaking.

For 65 minutes we controlled that game, playing some of the best football i have seen us play in absolutely ages.
    We passed the ball well, we created a few chances, our opponents who are of a far better class than us created one. Unfortunately we couldnt take them.

We were the victims of some awful refereeing, including but not only, the penalty decision and the freekick before Sevilla's first.
    Even after the first, we attacked, we showed guts and played football.

Sadly however we were hit on the break for the second and collapsed after that. Part of that blame in my opinion must go to Walter, he knew the substitution(s) he wanted to make, we all knew what he was going to do. So why did it take him ten ****ing minutes to do it?

All in all we were beaten by a team who took their chances, but there are a lot of positives to take into the old firm game on sunday.

When the fourth went in memories of Juve and Ajax came rushing back to me, this was nothing like those games however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Unlucky Rangers, I watched game, and it was a penalty to be fair. Also, its a red card, then the lad goes up other end and scores. Who knows what would have happened had Rangers gone 1 up. Seville were very clinical and they will trouble much better sides than Rangers this year. One positive was that Stuttgart didn't win, two wins against Urinea could put Rangers in a very strong position. If they play like they did in first half 2nite they will beat Unirea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

And thats that 2-0 sevilla Adriano

was scared there for a bit, should qualify now with 2 wins vs Unirea :)
    your name has never been so relevant as now, you really are dreaming. what makes you think you can win 2 games v them????

poindexter wrote: »
    your name has never been so relevant as now, you really are dreaming. what makes you think you can win 2 games v them????

Cos we already beat them 2-0 :confused:

Cos we already beat them 2-0 :confused:
    ah right, i see. was this in the CL or just in general. i'll be very surprised if you beat them home and away, am happy to place a wager with you on it

ah right, i see. was this in the CL or just in general. i'll be very surprised if you beat them home and away, am happy to place a wager with you on it

Dude, Sevilla will beat them.

I know theyre a decent side, but they are inexperienced at this level. I expect Rangers to take 4 points of them and will be dissapointed by less.

Yet you are willing to put money on them beating Sevilla? I'll take that bet off you.

Dreamer: Your team done well tonight, but got lucky in many ways. I reckon the game in Seville will be much tighter.

Sevilla play in spain and Unirea in Romania :confused:

Sevilla will beat them away and rangers at home and thats us out of teh groups, Stuttgart away could be tricky tho.

Think Rangers done well, certainly deserved something for most of the game, 4-1 flattered Sevilla but with those strikers they will score if given half a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Only saw the goals, but from the sounds of it Sevilla got a bit lucky. They have the ability to play teams off the park with their swift passing and deadly finishing, sounds like it was only the latter that got them through this game. Adriano's goal was a peach though, likewise was Novo's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Konko's goal was very nicley worked aswell.

Rangers did play well but at Ibrox & with that support I wouldnt expecet anything less than a good performance.

Dude, Sevilla will beat them.

I know theyre a decent side, but they are inexperienced at this level. I expect Rangers to take 4 points of them and will be dissapointed by less.

Yet you are willing to put money on them beating Sevilla? I'll take that bet off you.

Dreamer: Your team done well tonight, but got lucky in many ways. I reckon the game in Seville will be much tighter.
    is dreamer a rangers fan?? am lost here. am willing to bet that rangers won't beat them home and away, and if ur willing to bet on that too then hail hail.

is dreamer a rangers fan?? am lost here. am willing to bet that rangers won't beat them home and away, and if ur willing to bet on that too then hail hail.

No, hes a Seville fan:p....you still want that bet?

No, hes a Seville fan:p....you still want that bet?
    jaysis i thought he was one of yous:)
    well, do you wanna bet on home and away on yourselves v them???

lol no chance, ive already said ill be happy with 4pts from the two games!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Getting a little confused are we poindexter!?! I couldn't believe what I was reading for a while, was shaping up to be post of the year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement