Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Car.

• 29-09-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

only one catch,

its advertised wrapped.

well thats what one or two websites said, sign up for free and thats it.

anybody ever done this, get a new car and its yours for a certin amount of time ???

let me know,

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it wrapped with a ribbon or wrapped against a wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

robbie_998 wrote: »
    only one catch,

its advertised wrapped.

anybody ever done this, get a new car and its yours for a certin amount of time ???

let me know,

cheers,

loink

but if they give uyou one then fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Do you mean they will give you a car for free? Is it covered in advertisements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

mickdw wrote: »
    Do you mean they will give you a car for free? Is it covered in advertisements?

yes, but its a free car.

it would most likely but just the one ad, take for example the redbull cars, only with out the big can. just an example.

but did anybody ever do this ? let us know

I only heard of advertising companies paying taxis and other high mileage city drivers such as buses etc a fee to stick some adds on the car. I cant see them fully covering the cost of a car unless you agree to do nothing else except drive it around city centre, 24/7.
    The red bull cars are typically driven by employees as they go about their work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 johnjoe86

only one catch,

its advertised wrapped.

let me know,

cheers,

What is the name of the website? What type of car is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I dont know.

Has anybody seen the One For All Vouchers Astra Estate. I saw it today and it would give you a headache looking at it.

vehicle_full_wraps_One_4_All.jpg

Berty wrote: »
    I dont know.

Has anybody seen the One For All Vouchers Astra Estate. I saw it today and it would give you a headache looking at it.

vehicle_full_wraps_One_4_All.jpg

At least when you are in it, you wont be looking at the outside. It is bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It's simply a "car" your getting, could be a 1984 Ford Cortina, 1990 Volkswagen Golf or a 2009 BMW M5. I'd imagine it's a great car worth loads and they are simply giving it away for free :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Link to website please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I was selling cars and had a peugeot 307 wrapped with stickers, something like €75 per week or something like that in big writing all over it.

To be honest, i didnt even notice it after about 3 days. And I had a free car outta it.

As long as its not too garrish, then work away. Free is Free.

yea definately take it.. and make sure to advertise their product plenty to the people at mondello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As said already, FREE is FREE.
    Don't look a Gift Horse in the .....you know I mean.
    If it was pink with fluffy cushions, you should still take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't some garages give free use of their new cars for a week, but these cars are heavily advirtised??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Most little scrots are already driving around in advertised wrapped cars. Such as the 'glanza brigade'. You know the cars with the wings covered in ads. :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Will there be a clause that they can follow up on if you remove the advertising wrapping?
    Surely if you own it, then there is sweet FA they can do?

great reply lads, not sure if i should stick up a link or not, im not really sure of any that are in Ireland, if someone else knows of websites or companies please let us know,

here is the link for one but, i dont know where they are or anything but i did look at it and it does say ireland on it so how knows, if anybody gives it a go let us know so we might try ourselves.

basically what i gather from it is the company will give you the car for €0.00 and you pay petrol or what ever,

great example there was that one for all car.

keep it coming lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

great reply lads, not sure if i should stick up a link or not, im not really sure of any that are in Ireland, if someone else knows of websites or companies please let us know,

here is the link for one but, i dont know where they are or anything but i did look at it and it does say ireland on it so how knows, if anybody gives it a go let us know so we might try ourselves.

basically what i gather from it is the company will give you the car for €0.00 and you pay petrol or what ever,

great example there was that one for all car.

keep it coming lads :)

In that link you have to use your own car, they just pay you to have the adverts on it.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    In that link you have to use your own car, they just pay you to have the adverts on it.

didnt notice that, sorry

if anyone can find companies that do "give you a car to drive for free" please let us know.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

This was on 2fm nearly a year ago. Will Leahy show I think.

It was an american company what were hoping to expand to Europe.

IIRC, they either wrapped your car and paid you for advertising OR some companies gave you a wrapped car for a contracted period of time.

That's all I remember tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

i dont know................scam???

/road bump :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Why don't you link us to the ones that you know of?

Why don't you link us to the ones that you know of?

i dont know any, i came here hoping somebody here was actually doing this and they might share the wealth,

its very hard to find any in ireland with a website, hours of google and nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Saint_Mel wrote: »

$900 a month would cover the purchase and running costs - free car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

i dont hink you will get something for free unless you know someone wanting to get rid of one.......but you would get 1 for like 50 euro in the local trader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

They use your car, wrap it in averts. That stuff doesn't come off easily either, so you end up with a car wrapped in adverts that you can't get off, which is now worthless because you'll not be able to sell it. hmmmm :rolleyes:

Advertisement