Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future classic(?) for peanuts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What is it with old cars. It's only been driven twice yet bumpers and trim pieces aren't straight and it's lost a hub cap. Are cars designed to fall apart even if they're not being used??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

JHMEG wrote: »
    What is it with old cars. It's only been driven twice yet bumpers and trim pieces aren't straight and it's lost a hub cap. Are cars designed to fall apart even if they're not being used??

That looks very much like some old grannies car ...6000 miles (if that is indeed correct) is plenty for your average granny doing serious damage while screaming along to mass in first gear :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My guess is that the one owner was elderly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

odometer on a Fiesta goes to 99,999, then goes to 00,000

It's a 3 owner UK car. 2 owners in Ireland. it's very likely that the UK owner had it from new. lots of cars like that over there with tiny mileage.

Looks like good value, surely gonna appreciate. may have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

My buddy is currently looking at an 8k mile early 80's Granada in the UK. They turn up pretty regularly. That fiesta is well worth a punt at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

IIRC the 1.1 was a 5speed too!

Nippy enough little thing in its day for what it was.......

EPM wrote: »
    My buddy is currently looking at an 8k mile early 80's Granada in the UK. They turn up pretty regularly. That fiesta is well worth a punt at that price

There was a lovely bronze '84 Granada Est 2.8Ghia for sale here not so long ago. Price was attractive but had no NCT and was on UK plates (€780 to VRT) so I left it. Kinda wish I hadn't now - was gonna use it as a daily.

http://classiccarsales.ie/buy/view/Ford_Granada_Ghia_2_8_Countryman/922

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

just saw this on carzone too... might nip up to look at this in the flesh (so to speak) tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's a 3 owner UK car. 2 owners in Ireland.
    My brother-in-law had an identical one in the UK. That colour wasn't available here as far as I remember as it's "garda car blue".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

That colour wasn't available here as far as I remember as it's "garda car blue".

I'm fairly sure it was - we had one in the early 90s - 823 NNI, i passed my driving test in it! :cool: (oh,if that car could talk... :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

My brother-in-law had an identical one in the UK. That colour wasn't available here as far as I remember as it's "garda car blue".

It most certainly was and super common too.........that wee cars a steal at that money !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

You know what they say."If it looks to go to be true,it probably is"
    A friend of mine looked at a Fiesta in Bray approx ten days ago.I know it was blue and '89(Thought it would be a good bet for his daughters first car)
    Not sure if this is the one but if it is his mechanic reckons it is second time round for the speedo and would have 100,000+ miles on it The car would not stay in second gear and was pulling badly to one side.
    I will find out tomorrow if this is the car and report back here tomorrow.
    Could save someone a trip to Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

tc20 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it was - we had one in the early 90s (oh,if that car could talk... :rolleyes:)

+1
    Yep it was, We had one pretty similar to that one, back in the day !! Nice car then, IIRC it was reliable too !

worth a shot !

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    There was a lovely bronze '84 Granada Est 2.8Ghia for sale here not so long ago. Price was attractive but had no NCT and was on UK plates (780 to VRT) so I left it. Kinda wish I hadn't now - was gonna use it as a daily.

http://classiccarsales.ie/buy/view/Ford_Granada_Ghia_2_8_Countryman/922

It's a silver-blue 2.8 saloon he's looking at, velour seats and the same wheels as the one in the photo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Anan1 wrote: »
    My guess is that the one owner was elderly.

and prob died circa 2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    IIRC the 1.1 was a 5speed too!

Nippy enough little thing in its day for what it was.......

Nope, they were 4 speed. And far from nippy! Drank fuel like it was going out of fashion too, and that old pushrod sound. I wouldn't bother! Even downhill, 86mph was it's absolute top speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Saw a lad (might have been from the garage) driving the said Fiesta this morning........looked like he'd just nicked it...:eek:...screaming into Superquinn.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Spoke to my friend this evening.He can't tell me if it's the same car or not.
    The one he looked at was not in a garage so he suspects it is not the same one.
    He dosen't think a garage would try and sell a car as rough as the one he looked at so it could be worth a look.
    Let me know if anyone checks it out.

Biro wrote: »
    Nope, they were 4 speed. And far from nippy! Drank fuel like it was going out of fashion too, and that old pushrod sound. I wouldn't bother! Even downhill, 86mph was it's absolute top speed.

Was available in both 4 or 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

Seems to be a few low mileage Feshties out there..http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C115745/

• Advertisement

Anyone actually check it out?

Advertisement