Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A3 printer recommendations for photo printing

• 29-09-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Any in particular that you have found good?

Have used an epson r1800 before so am thinking of basing it around that, quality and pricewise - i'll be able to get one second hand around 300 euro mark. Any recommendations would be great

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

the new version of the 1800 is the 1900

one thing to be aware of is the inks used in both are not as arcival as in the 2400 or 2880

also when buying second hand, becareful, dont buy a printer that you dont know anything about the person there are sooo many things to go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

stcstc wrote: »
    the new version of the 1800 is the 1900

one thing to be aware of is the inks used in both are not as arcival as in the 2400 or 2880

also when buying second hand, becareful, dont buy a printer that you dont know anything about the person there are sooo many things to go wrong

thanks stcstc. Not sure what you mean by arcival though.could you explain?

Do you think the epson range is as good as any to stick with?

the inks in the 18/1900 are not going to last as long, ie the prints will fade quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

ok i see.

canon's range have come to my attention aswell but i'v no experience using them.Going to try and find a shop that stocks them and get some samples of work

i have an a4 canon that i use to print on cd's

colours are very good from it, have printed a few test photos

again canon do 22 ranges like epson, and the more expensive one is the longer lasting one

think the printer is called the 9500

• Advertisement
Advertisement